1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I hit a deer

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by bobjonah, Feb 24, 2023.

1. bobjonah

bobjonah Active Member

I hit a deer with my 1992 S83P Jumbo and I need some replacement parts: both headlight bezels, front bumper cover ( plastic ), RH park light ( the one in the bumper ) and the "HIJET" panel between the headlights. Overall appearance is not important, as I will be painting them anyway, but being all in one piece is. I am located in Eastern Canada ( New Brunswick ). Please let me know if you have anything.

Thanks
    Bob Jonah

2. shogun

shogun Active Member

Limestone likes this.
  3. bobjonah

bobjonah Active Member

Just have to click on the name plate - all info is there.
    I got everything stripped off, and with the bits that I picked up off the road, I will be able to piece together the bumper cover and the LH headlight bezel. Also able to reuse the center HIJET panel.

4. bobjonah

bobjonah Active Member

Continued: So, the only pieces I need to replace are the RH headlight bezel and the RH park/signal light.
    I had built a hidden hitch receiver behind the bottom of the bumper cover and it saved me from complete destruction. With everything off it looks like I will be able to pull the deer shaped dent out quite easily. The worst area is the RH headlight area - it is pushed in at the bottom to the extent that the throttle will not return to full idle without a bit of assistance. Amazingly both of my LED headlights are not broken, so that saves me lots of $$$.
    If anybody has these pieces, please let me know - even if broken / repairable I will take them.

Cheers