1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am interested in a mini truck, help

Discussion in 'Mini Lounge' started by Wendal, Jan 5, 2022.

1. Wendal

Wendal New Member

So I would like to get a mini truck.
    Why? Because. Lol
    I would like to drive trails that allow side by sides and hope to someday own some property.
    So my big question is which one?
    I kinda like the Honda. The one I seen, on the internet, had an extra low gear. I wondered how the all time 4x4 holds up over time.
    I also think the rear engine is a good idea.
    Is the front engine hard to work on?
    Which one is the easier store to get parts for?
    I was reading that some have problems with lift kits.
    I would maybe do a lift but not if it’s going to cause problems.
    Any info you could share I would appreciate it.
    O my price range is not super high.
    Thanks again

2. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

The engines on all of them are fairly easy to access. But, I’m the kind of guy who swaps engines into cars, that I have to drill holes through the firewall to change spark plugs.

There is a guy who was selling kits to lift the Subies. If you do much lift on a a Carry or a Hijet, you can put spacers between the front differential carrier, and the frame, to lower the carrier aand get the geometry back to normal.

I would not by another one that doesn’t have either a dump bed, or the pick lift/dump option. It is fare easier to work on the engine if you can just lift the bed up and out of the way.

Limestone likes this.
  3. SAITCHO

SAITCHO Active Member

For off-road purpose get a carry or a hijet. Get a diff-lock if you can. I suggest you also get a newer one with EFI if you dont plan to hit the roads.

Limestone likes this.