1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hydraulic pump information.

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by Jigs-n-fixtures, Apr 13, 2018.

1. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

the motor operation of the hydraulic system, on my 94 Hijet, with the scissors lift/dump option. Water got into the motor this winter, and things are pretty rusted up. Rusted up enough that the brushes are seized in the holders and won’t move.

So, I now have three options: first, figure out how to fix the existing motor; second, I can try to source a motor, or complete hydraulic unit out of Japan; or third, replace the whole unit with one of the Chinese ones off eBay, or Amazon.

I’m going to try the first option tomorrow morning, and see how that goes. I’ll let folks know tomorrow night how that goes.

Second option, does anyone know of a source for just the motor? I tested the pump section by spinning the drive shaft with a Milwaukee Hole Hog, and the bed goes up. So, the pump is good, and all I really need is the motor section.

Third option is to spend $200 or so and order a new unit. The down side is figuring out how to get it mounted.

2. AngusII

AngusII New Member

Hello,
    Heck, You should be able to fix the existing electrical motor. Sounds like a good cleaning is in store.... Check those bearings, when it's apart.
    My, 1990 HiJet LHD with the dump bed, runs off an compressor as an a/c system would be hooked up. Matter of fact, I thought it strange why an A/C unit was on a truck with Safari Doors.... Duhh.. The Hyd. fluid resevor was the give away.. at a second look.

3. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

I took an Ohm meter to it this evening and everything is good: continuity where you want it, and no shorts to the body. So it looks like it will be a matter of getting things apart far enough to get the brush holder off the body, so I can take some naval jelly to it.

I’ll try to take and post some pictures tomorrow. Need to figure out how to downsize photos on my iPad.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
  4. ttc

ttc Active Member

I have the dump manual in pdf. Pm me your info I can send it