1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to remove...

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks' started by Socal Sonny, Nov 5, 2010.

1. Socal Sonny

Socal Sonny Member

the clips come off on both sides. you have to pull the faceplate towards you. I remember that i just pulled carefully and pried alittle with a screwdriver if it was too tight.

the key is patience..

2. fupabox

fupabox Active Member

if you are talking about the centre radio/hvac contol cover...it is removed by 2 screws above the climate controls (up under the lip) and 2 under the ashtray ..you need to remove the astray and then unscrew the metal plate that holds it in

3. Socal Sonny

Socal Sonny Member

i knew they were either screws or clips behind the ashtray..
    i dont recall removing any above the climate controls.. its been a while since i took my dash off.. im gonna have hell of a time putting it back on :(

4. fupabox

fupabox Active Member

the centre dash cover has the clips once you remove the screws..just pops on and off tho once the screws are out

5. jgarrett

jgarrett Member

How to remove rear glass on a 95 carry?

6. fupabox

fupabox Active Member

post 9 in this same thread should be the same as your carry

7. Socal Sonny

Socal Sonny Member

yeah just read the post on the previous page. i think the link is still up there for a video.

8. copeina

copeina Member

Probably a stupid question, but how does the horn button come off? I can't seem to find any screws, and when I pull on it at all, it beeps...

Cheers!
    /K

9. fupabox

fupabox Active Member

screws from behind the wheel

10. fupabox

fupabox Active Member

if you mean to pull the steering wheel,you shouldn't need a puller...loosen the centre nut on the wheel (don't remove it completely as when you yank the wheel you may take it in the face)then wiggle the wheel back and forth with both hands...I've prob removed 75-100 steering wheels and never needed a puller..they always wiggle off.

11. downhere

downhere Member

Why does a1autotransport.com sell pullers?

12. fupabox

fupabox Active Member

HHmm...yeah your right ..I didn't catch that:sly:

13. heywire77

heywire77 New Member

what is the easyest way to remove motor on a 1991 mitsubishi mini truck has the 3 cylinder motor,should i take off the cab

14. I have a similar question regarding removing the cab... anyone attempted it?

15. Kellyman

Kellyman New Member

I have a 02 Piagio Poter and am trying too renew the back bearings I have removed the break line and the handbrake. Removed the four nuts on the back plate. And following the manual from the Dihatsu S85 tried to pull the drive shaft from the diff but it will not budge any suggestions

16. cpierce

cpierce New Member

I have a 1999 Suzuki Carry (new model). The hood release lever is broken. How can I get the hood open?

17. KParker

KParker New Member

Is there a trick to get the CV joint off the back wheels in a Suzuki Scrum?

18. maxedoutinAK

maxedoutinAK New Member

How to remove 93 suzuki carry dash? Similar to post #16 - what about wires? Trying to get to master cylinder for rebuild. might just make another panel for the master cylinder - looks easier than removing dash?

19. Lea Lani

Lea Lani New Member

Honda acty 1990

So the drain bolt for the oil is stuck.

I wd40'd it overnight for a couple days but no luck.

Anyone have any tips to getting the thing loose ?

Thanks in advance

20. kegoangoango

kegoangoango Member

I've never seen this happen before (oil drain plug getting stuck). I'd first try penetrating spray (not WD40). If that didn't work, I'd removed the oil pan and work with it off the truck.