1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Remove front bumper cover on '94 DD51T DD51C Suzuki Carry

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by Ken Faber, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Ken Faber

Ken Faber New Member

Can anyone tell me how to remove the black front bumper cover on my 1994 Suzuki Carry? The only screws I can access seem to be on the bottom of the bumper. Do I try removing the head lamps to gain access to the top of the bumper cover?

Any help would be appreciated. The Service manual I have only seems to mention how to remove the bumper cover on a Carry Van which has a different configuration.

2. Koffer

Koffer Active Member

Pull the front panel/cover off between the headlights , there are 2 black 1/4 turn twist knobs under the dash that lock the panel on , once the the knobs are off push on the white numbs we the foam washer that’s between the body and panel break free .
    After that done go to the front and put your hands under the panel between the bumper and panel . Wiggle and pull outward as there’s 5 clips that hold it in the middle , they are most likely brittle so just be careful .
    Once the panel is off you’ll find 2, #3 Phillips head screws in toward the middle at the top and 2 10mm socket headed nuts near the headlights .
    You already found the the 2 Phillips head screws at the ends under the door openings and there’s sometimes a screw under the middle of the front
    Once pulled you can unplug the turn signal light harnesses and there’s a bent retainer that holds the speedo cable .
    HTH some

3. James

James New Member

Can anyone tell me how to remove the black front bumper cover on my 1989 Suzuki Carry? The only screws I can access seem to be on the bottom of the bumper. There is no panel to remove between the head lamps. Do I try removing the head lamps to gain access to the top of the bumper cover?

Any help would be appreciated. The Service manual I have doesn’t mention how to remove the front bumper cover. Thanks again……

4. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

On my 2002 model, the headlights had to be removed to gain access to the upper bumper retainers.

Fred

5. James

James New Member

Thanks for the information Fred. I’ll give it a try hopefully it will work on my 1989 model.

James

6. kyrbz

kyrbz Member

As "Koffer" posted, the holes the two red arrows are pointing at correspond with the knobs inside the cab under the dash you need to remove first. The blue arrows are pointing to the plastic snaps that additionally hold it on. You can see my truck is missing two of the 5 snaps. These snaps are quite fragile. I like to use a nylon or plastic pry bar to gently pry near each snap. Once you get this cover off, getting the bumper off is pretty obvious

[​IMG]