1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to install a G&R lift kit in a 1990 Carry

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by John Canfield, Aug 27, 2008.

1. John Canfield

John Canfield Member

Whoo-hoo new tires, wheels and a G&R lift kit for my Carry! We're one wheel/tire short due to FedEx losing it somewhere along the way, but G&R said 'no problem' - we'll have another one on the way in a jif :D

The G&R lift kit was really easy to install - I was done in about 2 1/2 hours.

Here is a complete write-up of the installation with lots of pictures.

Mike Kuechler and Acerguy like this.
  2. kepow

kepow Member

wow simple enough so even a tard like me can make sense of it, thanks a lot

3. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Great writeup!!! Thanks. I'm going to sticky this one!

4. John Canfield

John Canfield Member

The FedEx guy brought the missing tire and my lug nuts today - wow - Saturday delivery! This afternoon or tomorrow I'm going to do a trial fit of the tires/wheels. I know the wheels are correct because I tried one before I realized I only had three tires and no lug nuts. Thanks G&R for taking good care of your customer!

Thanks for making it a sticky Keith - hopefully this will inspire others to spend some money to keep the economy going ;-)

5. Tinytoy

Tinytoy Member

Thanks for the write up on this! as for the carlisle alltrails (23x8x12) they will fit onto
    a factory 12" rim, you just need to find a tire guy that will do it for you!!!

6. Dr. Dan

Dr. Dan New Member

Thanks for the info

Thanks so much for your pictures. They are quite self-explanatory.

7. John Canfield

John Canfield Member

You are quite welcome and glad to have you on the forum!

8. bulen24

bulen24 New Member

9. Greg n TN

Greg n TN New Member

Great wright-up! I had no idea where to start, and your info made it a snap. G&R was great too. I requested info, and they called right away.
    Now I just have to figure out how I'm going to align the front end.
    And, get the signal lights to work. No flashers, no signal blinking lights anywhere; but I thing all the bulbs are good. Swapped a few bulbs around and none were blown. Cycled the emergency flasher switch several times and changed nothing. Flasher relay? Fuse?

Thanks again,
    Greg

olddeeres likes this.
  10. John Canfield

John Canfield Member

Hi Greg - glad you found the how-to useful! We've had no obvious issues as a result of the lift. Our Carry is still truckin' along and still a valuable ranch hand. I guess I should update my signature to add 50 miles to the odo reading ;).

Can't help you with the electrical problems. Buy the Danko manuals at Lulu if you don't have them and run the issue down.

11. rwood

rwood New Member

Many Thanks....

Many, many thanks John on your excellent write up and pics......I did not install a G&R onto a Suzuki but instead did a Badgerland Lift onto a Hi Jet but the info was spot on, very informative and made the task a whole lot easier.
    cheers.
    rwood

12. John Canfield

John Canfield Member

You're quite welcome! Our little Carry is still going strong and is a valuable ranch hand!

13. Meansealvel

Meansealvel Member

Thanks for the pics! Just received my lift and wasn't sure how the blocks are supposed to be oriented! Wondering about weather or not to use the springs that ive already purchased ???

14. John Canfield

John Canfield Member

Sorry, don't have a clue.

olddeeres likes this.
  15. Meansealvel

Meansealvel Member

I ended up using them but wow! Was it a bear getting em in there! Didnt have any special tool and have never done it before, a buddy and I got em apart and somehow back together again though, it was a circus!

16. mountain man

mountain man New Member

Hey great write up. What width and offset are your rims?

thanks

17. carl boutin

carl boutin New Member

do you guys know if it will work on a 97 carry DD51t? I have heard mine was different.

Thank you and great job on the write up.

18. KCCats

KCCats Active Member

Im about to order my lift from G&R and hope to add 2" to the body as well?