1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to get a mini stuck

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by confuzed, Dec 20, 2009.

1. confuzed

confuzed Member

Found out what it takes to get a mini stuck to the point of a push won't do. Took a one ton Dodge dually a chain and two straps to get me out. Oh and for those of you curious yes that little hook on the front in the grill of the Subaru will pull it out.It took 100 kph balck ice and 4 foot drifted snow. Main reason it is stuck is it floated across the snow when it hit ditch no wheels contacting the ground :frustration: A real wild ride at least three donuts on highway before I left it :eek: it just lurched to the left and when I tried to correct it was donut time:eek: it was the last 15 minutes of an hour and a half trip tall trees on south side of road shaded it so ice didn't melt.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 20, 2009
  2. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

black ice sucks..glad your ok tho

3. starpuss

starpuss Member

i think you need more sand bags in the back. did you have winter tires?

4. olddatsunfan

olddatsunfan Member

Yow, that's a lot of snow! Glad nothing was badly damaged though and it looks like the truck was doing fine until the black ice! Looks like you need some more weight out back though, mine could've used it last week ....

5. o8k

o8k Member

Ditto 3x on not being hurt or vehicle damaged.

I hate being stuck in snow.... Did that w/ my jeep one time, burried to axles, worked so hard on it all day, and into the night, had to stop to eat b4 i got it unstuck, was too tired to find a camping spot, and camped on the side of the road. That bratworst was delicious though!

[​IMG]

6. huntidaho

huntidaho Member

Where did you find snow like that in AZ??

7. o8k

o8k Member

North rim grand canyon (jacob lake, elev 7900 ft ish) they get lots of snow there. Though snow can be found further south near flagstaff (mt Humphreys, elev 14300ft ish EDIT: 12633ft, mean elevation of AZ: 4100ft. )

Last edited: Dec 21, 2009
  8. huntidaho

huntidaho Member

I guess I never thought of AZ having that kind of Alt. Its kinda like ID except theres no 125 degree months here..

9. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

glad your okay man

10. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

some beautiful mountain country up near Flagstaff......when I lived in California (near Palm springs) you could go up the aerial tramway from Palm Springs up mount San Jacinto..at the top there was 6 feet of snow,skiing,sled dog races etc. from the observation platform you could put a quarter in the telescopes and look down into Palm springs 4-5 miles away and see people roasting in bathing suits by their pools..very odd,but cool

11. confuzed

confuzed Member

Just put on 13's rims and tires from wreckers all seasons no wieght in truck black ice no tire or wieght would help could hardly stand on the road so icy. May have to put my 12's and the new tires back on for the winter lol but i love the smoother ride. The only damage was to the license plate only one screw and the two clips holding it as Jap plates have different hole pattern folded it up but a little hand bending good as new. had snow in places there should be no snow lol, opened engine door atback it was jammed full of snow on top of gas tank to bottom of bed, rims were full straw sticking out holes in rims. Real rough ride home as rims full caused sever out of balance went right to the shop pressure washed with hot water took a run mmmmmm smooth.

12. o8k

o8k Member

Just for giggles, want to mention (cuz no one else has exactly said it outright) that confuzed is driving a Rear-Engine Mini truck wich has a way better weight ballance. for such driving.

13. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

Yes! The thought crossed my mind.

14. confuzed

confuzed Member

Yes balanced but wow both ends sure do spin fast on ice, round n round we go lol. They do work well in snow i took it down my unplowed back alley after a snow first one down it got stuck at he drop from sidewalk to ally but freed itself and then it was yahoooooooo!!!!! hit a couple drifts up to the headlights just plowed on thru.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
  15. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

lol those big drifts are always the fun ones!

16. Colin

Colin Member

Get some crazy snow tires on that thing - it really transforms the truck. :D

17. Ironraven

Ironraven Active Member

I just wrecked my 1996 Infiniti G20 on a patch of black ice... I'm glad you and your truck are OK!