1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How many people actually have street legal mini trucks??

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by gumballf355, Aug 21, 2008.

  1. strick4

    strick4 New Member

    Same here, I go all over Miss. since these trucks are street legal here.
    I'm in MS as well and plated and insured to go anywhere I like.

    Speaking of insurance what kind of coverage and what price are you paying? Some of the posters here are posting low ball figures for some states and I had to pay $101 for 6 months on mine with a multi car discount!

    You can reply in private if you like.

  2. larryn2o

    larryn2o Member


    i have my kids on Farm Bureau. but my stuff is with Progressive $44 for 6 months . thats for minimum Mississippi coverage.

    what part of MS are you in?
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2009
  3. strick4

    strick4 New Member

    i have my kids on Farm Bureau. but my stuff is with Progressive $44 for 6 months . thats for minimum Mississippi coverage.

    what part of MS are you in?
    I am in SE MS about 40 miles east of Hattiesburg.

    I checked with the H'burg Progressive office today and they said they don't have the Mitsubishi mini truck insurance.

    Are you driving a Mitsubishi mini tuck or some other brand.....is it plated for running on the road or as an ATV?

  4. strick4

    strick4 New Member

    I also live in central Mississippi and have a titled and tagged 2003 2wd Suzuki Carry. I love this truck! It has COLD AC and gets great mileage. Then I have a 4wd 1997 Carry untitled for off road use. I love it too! Guess I'm hooked on mini trucks.


    Who are you insured with on your mini?

    I live in SE MS and Farm bureau quoted me what Seems like a high rate for a second vehicle.

    Thanks for any info.

  5. larryn2o

    larryn2o Member

    i am over around Monticello/ Brookhaven , the truck is a DAIHATSU MIDGET II .
    it's tagged as a Midget. i added it to my coverage , when i did this. it was online and they took the info, but displayed a pop-up the said invalid VIN .later i did have to send in a copy of the tag receipt . they also cover my buggy but it is $66.00 for 6 months.
    if you need a title, some mechanics can inspect it and do the paperwork or you can have the highway patrol do it for $75.00 , then get a tag.
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2009
  6. larryn2o

    larryn2o Member

    one member on the forum flew in , bought one and drove it back home , i think Oregon.
    so far the dealer has imported 6 or 7 , he likes odd ball trucks
  7. Stuff99

    Stuff99 Active Member Staff Member

    AWWW!! A DAIHATSU MIDGET II !!! I remember those things are reallly reallly small!!


    also the midget 2 appears on one of the grand turismo games to, and an anime called Xdriver.
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
  8. BigJoel

    BigJoel Member

    I daily drive my 92 Jumbo here in MS. I have a tag (it says BIGJOEL) and i could get an inspection sticker if the windows weren't so dark. I had to take it over to the highway patrol for them to title it and all when i first got it, but after that i haven't had a bit of trouble.
  9. larryn2o

    larryn2o Member


    i thought we backed off on the tint requirements? also if the truck has factory tint then it is excluded.
  10. BigJoel

    BigJoel Member

    They did back off on the requirement. I believe the legal limit is now 28% instead of 30 or 35. But being the young man that i am, i like dark windows. I have 5% all the way around including a strip on the windshield. Got one of my buddies to put the tint meter on, and it reads 0.0 haha..

Share This Page