1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How many Canadian Minitruck drivers?

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by minitruck.ca, Oct 10, 2007.

1. Tinytoy

Tinytoy Member

Carry driver since April /08 still waiting for the first winter drive!!!

2. boatman

boatman Member

Hi there - Can't speak for this dealer, I'm not sure how he's getting those numbers. I know that over 3 tanks of gas that I've put in the truck so far, I'm getting about 36-37 mpg. I haven't been gentle either, and there's been a bunch of highway speeds involved. I suspect that if I could back off a little bit on the rabbit starts (this thing is too fun to drive) and stay off the highway then it'd likely be a little bit higher. I doubt I'd ever hit 50 tho.

bg

3. prairiehawk

prairiehawk New Member

I've done plugs, dist cap, rotor, valve adjust, air cleaner and adjust carb. It all helps. I've driven the 3 cyl Suzuki cars for years. Gotta keep the plugs etc fresh to keep mileage up. These trucks seem to get te best mileage at 80kph.

4. tundra111

tundra111 New Member

just got mine last week suzuki 92 5 speed i live in Chibougamau québec near James bay comes from a dealer in tros rivieres in Québec im happy like a kid that just got is chistmas present

5. doofyhound

doofyhound New Member

canadian

salmon arm bc here

6. cmaxxer

cmaxxer New Member

I'm in Sylvan Lake Alberta. Just finishing off a pretty major lift/upgrade project.

7. Harvy50

Harvy50 New Member

Nova Scotia here...1990 Suzuki Dump

8. oldsnowman

oldsnowman Member

Morinville, AB...1992 Mitsubishi minicab U42T 4x4x4

9. Julien ecomobil

Julien ecomobil New Member

quebec mini dealer <link redacted>

hi my name is julien and i import suzuki carry every and deck van
    we are base in south shore montreal we have over 10 in stock
    <link redacted>:):rolleyes::D

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2009
  10. swede

swede New Member

new mini truck owner in Calgary looking for ins provider

hello all,

any recomendations on insurance provders for my new 91 mitsubishi mini cab mighty, also for reputable mechanics that are familiour with working on these mini trucks in Calgary(if needed)

Just purchase my first one a few days ago, will be here in April.

Cheers

11. kidgadget

kidgadget New Member

Insurance

Hi Swede. Here in Quebec I shopped alot and finaly found Federated Insurance.Prices are reasonnable. Enjoy your mini & Cheers! Kidgadget:)

12. blizzak

blizzak New Member

I have a 92 carry DD51T for only one week now and i love it.I am a julien ecomobil customer.This company is awesome in all the way.:cool:he sell great quality truck and he take care of his customer,i could not expect more:)

13. Ravk

Ravk Member

Insurance

I live in Edmonton, Ab. and use Canadian Direct Ins on my 89 Honda Acty. Do a search on insurance and you should get more hits.:D

14. swede

swede New Member

thanks for the quick responces

15. Subaru

Subaru Member

I have always had good luck with TD insurance:)

16. Julien ecomobil

Julien ecomobil New Member

hi guy from montreal

17. wasco

wasco New Member

From Sorel Quebec

I'm from Sorel in Quebec. I've had my Suzuki Carry 1990 for about 2 weeks and love it. It's suppose to have 1996 mechanic on it. Changed the 12" wheels for some 14" steel rims wrapped in 175-65R14 winter tires. It will be used on my 60 acres woodlot and to run around town. I figure it will be better on gas than my Ford Expedition ! Hahaha... At first I was looking at those side by side ATVs. But figured that at half the price of a new one and it's road legal... Might as well go for it. Checked the speed with the GPS before and after puting the 14" on. With the 12" rim the GPS would read 80 km/h and 87 km/h on the speedometer. Puting the 14" rims brought the two speeds together.

Just came in from gatering some branches on the lot and let me say it's much easier with the Carry. I use to do it with a little trailer. So I couldn't go in the thick wood to get something and back out easly. But with the mini-truck I can go in where I want and back out in a snap.

We are around 4 or 5 here in the region now. I got mine from a dealer near Shawinigan. A very nice bunch of guys...

Wasco

18. wainair

wainair Member

Sounds like a perfect match for your property Wasco!

19. trecar

trecar New Member

Alberta Sticks

Hey hey Just got my 1993 Suzuki Carry from Kei King and love it. Looking forward to get my accessories for it for plowing snow. I am in between Cochrane and Water Valley.

20. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

Guess I missed the candian one after I got my toyota and dad got his subaru.

mine is the one on the ground obviously :p
    [​IMG]

21. Moose

Moose New Member

Just got my 1990 Carry to buzz around Savary Island.:) Now looking for another...:)

Last edited: Jun 19, 2010
  22. rightdrive

rightdrive Member

We have a few customers in Northern Ontario.
    Not sure if they are active on these boards or not though.

23. Lysander232

Lysander232 New Member

Dont forget me! I got a '91 Suzuki Carry. I love the left hand shifting because I'm a South Paw.

24. olddatsunfan

olddatsunfan Member

I've just purchased a 1992 Suzuki Carry Van from Burnaby a couple of weeks ago. It's a 4WD version with a 5 speed transmission and the N/A F6A engine. I've continued the process of modification that someone else started, pretty fun little Van to drive around in with a very high smiles/miles ratio!

[​IMG]

25. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

nice van! i see you chose a safe spot to mount the front plate lol

26. olddatsunfan

olddatsunfan Member

Well, I found 2 holes drilled there and they worked with the plate so what the heck, better than drilling new ones I say!

27. Little Foot

Little Foot Member

I just got my 1992 Suzuki Carry. It took me a week to unseize brakes,tune it up, find the broken vacuum line, fix the heater, fix The 4WD lever, and I Love it so far.

28. Little Foot

Little Foot Member

Full size picture

Just figured out how to insert picture, sorry new at this.

Attached Files:

29. vettman

vettman New Member

Picture of bed

Hey Little Foot; Is that tube type thing in the bed for better weight transfer, filled with water ?

30. Little Foot

Little Foot Member

No, there are two 44 lbs (20Kg) bags of traction sand in the tube. I put them in a tube so they wouldn't get wet and freeze then bang up my bed, box or the back of my head. I kinda value that last part.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2009