1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do sellers promote mini trucks?

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by vtg, Jul 30, 2010.

1. vtg

vtg Member

First off, I want to make it clear that I do not sell mini trucks nor do I have any plans to do so in the future. However, I do own one and now that I've had it for a year (and approx 20,000 km), I am not sure how I lived without one for all those years.

And though I drive it lots in and around town, hauling all kinds of stuff, I'm rather confused why nobody else in town has purchased one. I think I do a pretty good job of advertising the abilities of a mini truck in my locale.

So what are you sellers doing to promote the vehicles? I know I've seen them at a few trade shows and have seen some displays at fairs and such. But as amazing as the trucks are, they should by now, be much more commonplace.

When I bought mine, the seller allowed me to take it for a short test drive. Little test drives like that really don't tell a person much about the vehicle. After the test drive, I thought it was an ok little unit that I might use once in awhile. But, from the little spin I took it out on, I had no inkling of how practical it would be. And I did not for a moment, think that I'd pretty much park my big truck (aside from long trips).

Perhaps sellers should be thinking about approaching people who they feel a might find a mini truck indispensible, and then parking one in their driveway for 4 or 5 days and telling them to put some real miles on it. Had any seller done that to me, I would have bought one much sooner. Admittedly, they are not for everyone, but most sellers would have a pretty darn good idea of which people would have a very difficult time handing the keys back if they had a real opportunity to discover the mini truck's abilities.

2. Thats a really good idea, but expensive if you lend to an unqualified "buyer" that just needs to move his daughter across town.

Lending the trucks is a tough call to make. We lent three trucks to Michigan State University for three years for the Agriculture Expo. They were very appreciative and thought that they were much better than what they were using.

When the time came for them to purchase trucks for use in their facilities they bought Fords for $6000.00 more and only 2WD.

Go figure. You see what I mean. Sometimes your the dog and sometimes your the hydrant.

3. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

its a hard call even for the domestic market. I hear for the new camaro you have to sign a paper for "intent to buy". basically you have to have a good reason not to buy it after taking it for a test drive!