1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hose running from manifold to air intake

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by SUZUKI1987, Mar 31, 2019.

1. SUZUKI1987

SUZUKI1987 New Member

ive seasrched and couldent find anything... my 94 carry dd51t 660 has a metal type flex hose coming off the exhaust and runs over to the driver side well its broke at the trans and don't know what its for? its roughly 1 1/2..look as if it is supposed to be hooked into the air intake? the it a inlet on the driver side that has a flapper type thing inside the inlet and has nothing hooked to it? what is this and is it nesassary to be hooked up? ive had it for 4 years and has been like this and it runs fine just going through it and looking things over and thought id ask what it was for.. thanks in advance

2. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

Warm air intake. At lower outside air temps, it will admit warmed air to the intake side to enhance warmup and driveability. If you have had it this long and are satisfied how it runs, I would not be concerned about it.

Fred

3. Freybird

Freybird New Member

Ditto. Mine was shredded by mice. Runs fine, but I plan to search parts yards for possible replacement of the hose so it runs as designed.
    Good luck!

4. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

5. matt167

matt167 Active Member

1.5" thermactor hose is what you can use. Need a short peice of radiator hose at the airbox end to create the slip connector. The hose is a Dorman HELP brand item and only comes in 14" sections at parts stores, so you would need to clamp a few togther with a pipe in between.