1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hose or no hose?

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by jody, Mar 14, 2018.

1. jody

jody Member

Can you tell me if anything should be hooked up to this.
    It's the carb from a S83P 1993. EC.
    Thanks in advance.
    Jody

Attached Files:

2. AngusII

AngusII New Member

Hello, I have an 1990 S80 EB engine that the distributors vacuum line goes to that port, but you have way more vacuum lines than I do.

3. Hellabeefy

Hellabeefy New Member

i know its kicking a dead horse but no one has ever put a solid vacuum diagram on here that i can find. every one links to a paid site. i have a S81. can some one share some love with me? previous owner went savage on the v lines and its all in disarray.

my 4x4 v lines are fine its everything coming out of the carb i need help with

4. woopee

woopee New Member

I have an S80, and I have pictures, but the previous owner installed a new carb. There's a few vacuum lines you can see, but I will need to take some especially for this thread if you are interested in more routing. Also, I think I added one that was loose on mine, and replaced some rotting ones after this shot. My engine has also been cleaned up a lot since this.

20180802_115528@0,33x.jpg 20180802_121005@0,33x.jpg

5. Hellabeefy

Hellabeefy New Member

I ended up figuring it out, a local shop had one and I went with my sketch pad and drew out all the lines and electrical. Now...new problem no more flooding but still white smoke... Dreading pulling the head to see how bad the cylinders are bc I know they don't make oversized rings for these little buggers. Hate to say it but this s80 has been pushed to the back of the project list. Started on the kids mini electric boat...

6. woopee

woopee New Member

Mine purrs like a kitten. My kids are learning to drive it, and they always comment how quiet it is, especially compared to the neighbors' 4 wheelers and UTVs with those lawnmower engines, lol. Ours idles so quiet, it's like an electric vehicle... so I honk the horn a lot. I am adding a louder horn, too, because... I have a pretty annoying one that I've got to use on something!

It's hilarious to man-splain to my kids how you have to pump the gas pedal on this old truck. They are like... wut? You mean you give it gas before you start it?!? LOL

Did you do a compression test?

7. Jerry Rome

Jerry Rome New Member

yes, on mine there is a piece of rubber vacuum hose (only about 2 inches) and then turns into small hard plastic hose (maybe polyethelene) it then goes to a canister located below your air filter and secured to the side of the frame. There it attaches to that canister via a " T ". the other hose connecting to that " T " comes from your charcoal canister which is located at the rear of the vehicle on the vehicles left side under where the frame and cross member meet.
    I have pictures, but have problems posting them here.