1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Horrible Mileage on my Street Racoon

Discussion in 'Honda Acty' started by Hap Wilson, May 5, 2020.

1. Hap Wilson

Hap Wilson Member

Hello everyone I just recently sold my Acty truck and moved on to a Van model. It has the same carberated engine but my mileage is suffering INSANELY. I am currently only getting a little over 200 KM per tank which is crazy... Thats an average of only about 17mpg, no good. I'm assuming that she is running super rich right now but not too sure how to lean it up... Anyone got any ideas I could try?

2. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

If it is carbureted, the choke is probably a wet one. Feel the tubes that feed water to the choke and see if they are getting warm when the engine warms up. A common issue is that the tubes to the choke get clogged up, and the choke never disengages.

Limestone likes this.
  3. Hap Wilson

Hap Wilson Member

Hmmmm I will give that a shot but I believe the 94 models choke is controlled by vacuum and the coolant lines actually control the idle. I will have to check this but I am fairly sure after some research that this is how it works so I may try to check the vacuum.

4. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

The choke is controlled by the water. The Vacuum pull off, is used to pull the choke blade off slightly during high vacuum, but the primary control is from the hot water, and a wax motor.