1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Honda into a Equipment Auction Vehicle

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by TRAX and HORNS, Dec 7, 2014.

1. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

A Auction Co. contacted me a while back and wanted to explore the ideal of using a mini trk. for his Equipment Auction Co. The vehicle would house enough room for three people and have a generator mounted on the side for 110v power to operate computer, speakers, ect and to keep auctioneer/ticket writer out of the elements.
    I had this 96 Honda with around 25000kms for sometime that had been sitting for over a year.
    Ive been doing business with this auction co. for several yrs. and made him a good deal on the Honda.
    After getting the bugs worked out of the Honda from sitting around for so long it got delivered to the Auction Co. Shortly after that this is what it became.
    The frame is 1/2" square tube, then a really thin skin. With everything installed I believe it weighed in at 800lbs. Which would be right at what Honda says bed cap. is. The leaf spring in rear are about 1/8" from touching the rubber stops. They may take the springs off and take to a big truck shop and have them rebend or make new ones for added space being so close to stops. I suggested just to make the rear shackles a 1" longer. I think that would work??
    Any way hear it is in action at its first Auction this past weekend. Temp. was around 45 and the wind was blowing so the Auctioneer was pleased, He could have been in the open bed of his old John Deere Gator.

Attached Files:

2. Looks real nice.

But? Why didn't they want to use a full size truck? I've seen something similar, but in a full sized truck at auctions around here.

3. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

The auctioneer wanted something that had a small turning radius. When his lot is full it becomes very tight and a full size truck doesnt work.

4. That makes sense. Do the windows come off, or open up, for use in the warmer months?

Last edited: Dec 8, 2014