1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Honda Acty Taillights

Discussion in 'Honda Acty' started by vtg, Jul 27, 2012.

1. vtg

vtg Member

I had a bit of an incident with my Acty last spring when I was unloading a large twin track snowmobile from the back of the truck. As I backed the sled off the truck, the 800 pounds of weight transferred to the tailgate causing the quick links on the tailgate chains to break which resulted in the tailgate flipping downward and the tailgate latches punched out my lenses and even wrecked one of the t/l housings. Someone was selling used Acty taillights on ebay back in the spring for some insanely high prices (I think they were over $250.00 each plus shipping). And now I can't even find them listed anymore. I left a message a week ago with one of the site sponsors stating I was in need of some taillights, but he never got back to me.......and I suspect that if they were available, I'd have had to start amputating an arm and a leg in order to pay for them. So I went down to the local auto parts store and bought some trailer lights and made up some aluminum plates to cover the openings in the bumper and mounted the new lights into the aluminum plates. I think they turned out not too bad. I wish I had purchased smaller back-up lights and larger turn signals, but this was the only combination they had in stock at the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwJU2gDDSQA

2. Sambarmon92

Sambarmon92 Member

Very nice job. Way better than spending $500 on OEM lights. Most people wouldn't know the difference anyways.:D . As for big backup lights, you can never go wrong with having too much light.:cool:

3. Very nice. It looks original. Nice cat too....

4. vtg

vtg Member

Thanks guys, for the compliments. Now about that cat, he can be a real PITA when you're trying to do something in the shop.....always underfoot and in the way. But he's a pretty cool cat with none of the typical aloofness type of disposition common to most cats. He's always behaved more like a dog than a cat which is why I named him Puppy. The funny part is that he answers to his name anytime you call him. You should see the look on people's faces when I whistle and call out Puppy......he'll come running up to me immediately.