1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Honda Acty SDX 4WD shaking when driving...

Discussion in 'Honda Acty' started by Vitnzjp, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Vitnzjp

Vitnzjp Member

Couple days ago i found subj. Interior is quite dirty and boot have surface rust, but price is good(i didn't made final decision yet). On the good side there is no structural rust and engine not bleeding or smoking, on the bad side test drive was like hell. Honestly, i was s#!t scared to speed up over 30kmh, because of vibration(like heavily unbalanced tires, but much stronger). Tires doesen't looks good at all, so my guess - they are problem. If truck was sitting for a long time, tires changed shape little bit. Any other suggestions? Thanks in advance

2. Ironraven

Ironraven Active Member

Bad alignment, bad ball joints, bad tie rods, worn idler bushing... I'd start with tires. Does it track straight down the road or does it pull to the left or right?

3. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

could also have a seized u=joint on the driveshaft,or broken engine mounts..

4. Vitnzjp

Vitnzjp Member

Thanks for replies. No, i didn't felt any pull to the side and no "knock-knock-knock" sounds on turns. Engine mounts seems to be ok - i tried to start engine first and with handbrakes "on" shift to "1" and tried to drive to check handbrakes and slipping clutch. Then did the same for "R". I couldn't hear any "bad noises" or vibration, well, keep age and condition in mind.

5. Vitnzjp

Vitnzjp Member

Thanks for replies. No, i didn't felt any pull to the side and no "knock-knock-knock" sounds on turns. Engine mounts seems to be ok - i tried to start engine first and with handbrakes "on" shift to "1" and tried to drive to check handbrakes and slipping clutch. Then did the same for "R". I couldn't hear any "bad noises" or vibration, well, keep age and condition in mind.

6. rightdrive

rightdrive Member

Start with tires and U-joint. Most common problems for shaking when driving.
    Move into suspension components next, If you have access to a hoist, you can check for play on thing like ball joints, tie rods, etc. If not, any shop can perform this check quickly so labor will not cost much.