1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Honda Acty Rear Axle Replacement tips

Discussion in 'Honda Acty' started by vtg, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Actyman

Actyman New Member

I am trying to do this job on my Acty and I cannot see your pics due to a filter issue on my end. Is there any way you can email them to me?

2. shogun

shogun Active Member

3. vtg

vtg Member

Hi guys. I am still around but haven't been on here much the last two years or so because my Acty started using oil in a big way and I just set it aside until I could find some time to work on the engine. I removed the engine a couple weeks ago and have it all torn down and am awaiting parts for the rebuild. Once I get the truck running again, you'll probably find me on the forum a bit more regularly. It is such a cool truck and I have really missed driving it these last couple years.

4. Kdawgg

Kdawgg New Member

Does anyone know if there is a keeper or snap ring to hold the axle into the housing on the rear? I notice yesterday my cv boot on my rear axle was moved and I could see my axle spline pop out I can put it back in but it is loose I don't think that is normal anybody know? Thanks

5. jaxondes

jaxondes New Member

Yes, it clips in just like a traditional cv axle.

6. Kdawgg

Kdawgg New Member

Where does it clip in at and where do I get the clips? I knew something was wrong but not sure which thanks

7. shogun

shogun Active Member

see the parts diagrams here and there you can also order them https://7zap.com/en/
    http://www.epc-data.com/ Enter frame number, example: EU1-1258963, JHMBB62400C000635
    cannot search for you without chassis number or built year, model, better add these details for your car as signature as in my signature

8. jaxondes

jaxondes New Member

I'm not sure why it would have popped out. Clip must have broke somehow. I'd be a bit concerned as to where that broken clip went, it'll be floating around in your transaxle now.

9. Kdawgg

Kdawgg New Member

Yeah I will have to take pics and inspect everything good I just didn't know what held it in place and where to get them and wonder why it came out broke clip or something else going on

10. jaxondes

jaxondes New Member

They're just a little circlip that pushes into a groove, and when it's not compressed it pops out of the groove to hold the axle in. Once you have the new clip it'll make sense. Good luck!

11. Kdawgg

Kdawgg New Member

Well I can't add a photo to show you all said file is to big so I will try another way to send this pics to show

12. shogun

shogun Active Member

upload it on a free pic upload service and just post the link , like tinypic
    NOT photobucket, they changed to paid service for third party hosting like in forums

13. shogun

shogun Active Member