1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Honda Acty Left mount procedure and price....

Discussion in 'Honda Acty' started by MO Acty, Feb 5, 2019.

1. MO Acty

MO Acty New Member

Hello all!

I'd read before about what a beating our left mount takes.
    And it's true.
    Checked all my mounts last week.
    The left one looked awful and the others are almost perfect.

Where I bought mine:
    Did some shopping around and couldn't wrap my mind around the prices on them, or the wait to get one.
    SO...….I looked into Amayama.
    Less than $77 delivered (for a real Honda part in Honda packaging) in less than seven days straight from Japan.
    I couldn't be more pleased with their service. And the exploded views? WOW!
    I bookmarked them to be used later.

Replacement procedure:
    I removed the wheel and tire for better access and left that side on a jackstand.
    Then put your floor jack (with a piece of wood on it's head, if you want) under the little u-shaped bar below the oil filter and gently push up enough to unload the tension on the mount.
    Loosen the long bolt that goes through the center.
    Loosen the short screws that go into the engine.
    Remove the crusty old one.
    Replace with new.
    It may take a slight adjustment on the jack, if yours was as sagged as mine! See mount pics.

EASY project and worth every penny.
    Goodness knows that side was drooping at LEAST 1/4" because it was actually resting on the big washer on that long bolt.
    Take into consideration my truck only has about 52,000 miles on it and had zero evidence of abuse.
    So if your rig has been ridden hard and put away wet? I'm betting that mount is toast.

Attached Files:

Adam C Spry and emorgan451 like this.
  2. Adam C Spry

Adam C Spry Member Supporting Member

started my timing belt job today, and my left mount was shot, too.
    IMG_2221.jpeg

3. mine also looked like this and I agree Amayama seemed to have the best price by a significant margin. Cheers

Adam C Spry likes this.