1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Honda ACTY fire issues

Discussion in 'Honda Acty' started by shannon, Oct 22, 2015.

1. shannon

shannon New Member

I have a Honda ACTY. When it warms up it dies and loses all spark. I replaced the coil took it for a drive and the same thing happened. It starts runs great about ten minutes later it dies and when I check spark there is none. Wondering if anyone has any ideas. Has newer cap and rotor new plugs new coil. When it is running runs great and spark plugs are burning perfect light brown

2. Borg

Borg Member

The igniter on the distributor is probably on its way out.

3. shogun

shogun Active Member

1. Try the easy things first like distributor, rotor.
    2. This may be some sort of power failure, bad relay, bad splice something along those lines. I have found relays that grew carbon buttons that blocked the current flow, but only at certain temperatures. I would renew the relevant relays. Almost 20 years is retirement age for relays, after all. I once swapped relays with no improvement, but it turned out that both relays had the same carbon contact build-up, so I missed the fix! I felt foolish. We should plan to renew our old relays. They have finite service lifetimes. A carboned relay contact is much more likely than an intermittent copper wire, and so much easier to repair.