1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hive mind diagnosis

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by MotorMike76, Dec 30, 2019.

1. MotorMike76

MotorMike76 New Member

I just got a ‘92 Hijet s83p. Have already changed battery, and alternator. Still not charging and my idiot light does not come on. I have cleaned my contacts but still nothing. HELP!!!

2. ttc

ttc Active Member

looks like you should be looking at the wiring from the alternator back to the battery. does the idiot light ever come on? like when the key is on but engine not running?

3. MotorMike76

MotorMike76 New Member

Nope. Never comes on. Even when the key is in but the engine isn’t running. It did when I first picked it up, but not since the first day.

4. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

Check the idiot light. Some systems will not charge if the bulb wiring is bad or bulb burned out.

Fred

5. Ohkei Dohkei

Ohkei Dohkei Active Member

Put a voltmeter to the back of the alternator to make sure it is good. I agree that it could be the bulb, or wiring, but that is the first thing I would do.

6. MotorMike76

MotorMike76 New Member

So for anyone in the future, here was the issue. Mane fuse was blown. Figured it out by a series of continuity checks. So, replaced the fuse for a whopping $4 and Ta-Dah! works now.

7. ttc

ttc Active Member

wow and you changed the battery and alterntor first ugg. good to hear its working now though

8. Ohkei Dohkei

Ohkei Dohkei Active Member

Great News!