1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hijet will not start

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by pairofhounds, Nov 1, 2011.

1. oldoldoldman

oldoldoldman Member

Yes with a wrench on crank bolt or put pulley back on, you cant tell if valves are bent under the valve cover, they would be bent inside the head by the pistons. Wait for the new belt and go slow. tom

2. pairofhounds

pairofhounds Member

Ok what kind of compression am I looking for 90 psi or better?

3. oldoldoldman

oldoldoldman Member

130 i think
    all the same at least

4. pairofhounds

pairofhounds Member

Are all 1989 three cylinder belts the same in daihatsu engines? Such as the charade?

5. oldoldoldman

oldoldoldman Member

dont think so, check the width, you can cut the width with a razor knife real easy if it is too wide.

6. javik1

javik1 New Member

can you tell me how (marking on sprockets) replace the timing belt

7. pairofhounds

pairofhounds Member

Having a heck of a time getting the timing marks lined up. every time I get the crank to move the stroke goes past the mark...

8. oldoldoldman

oldoldoldman Member

how did u do?

9. pairofhounds

pairofhounds Member

I don't have the belt yet. I can get the timing marks lined up. should I take the plugs out to make it easier? I see an F on cam but no other marks to line it up with

10. pairofhounds

pairofhounds Member

I meant that I cannot get them

11. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

yes remove the plugs..the compression is pushing against the pistons as you try to line them up...timing marks should line up like this

Attached Files:

12. oldoldoldman

oldoldoldman Member

ah, just what he needed!

13. pairofhounds

pairofhounds Member

if i pull the plugs i should have no problem??? i can get the marks lined up under the rubber cover in the bed of the truck by moving the crank but when i rotate the cam into position with a end wrench it moves the marks.

14. pairofhounds

pairofhounds Member

do i line the "F" on the cam in line with the notch at 2 o'clock?