1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hijet will not run

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by Tony_miles_99_Hijet_110, Oct 27, 2017.

1. 99 Hijet 110. Drove it the other day and it just died. Getting fuel to the rail before the injectors. Give it a squirt of starter fluid and it starts up. So I've got spark. How can I check the fuel injection to make sure its working. No blown fuses.

2. ttc

ttc Active Member

Can you listen to the injectors to hear them click as it cranks over?

3. Im going to ohm out the injectors this morning and see if I'm getting 12 volts at the injector leads. I just put a new fuel pump in the tank ,going to double check my installation. Any idea what the pressure needs to be before the gas gets to the fuel rail of the injectors?

4. ttc

ttc Active Member

Pump probably 45 psi or so. But check the regular. You can also use a test light in the injector plug and watch it pulse as you crank the engine

5. Good idea on the test light. What was the other thing after your PSI sentence?

6. ttc

ttc Active Member

Fuel pressure regulator.usually found on the injector fuel rail. There should be a vacuum line on it and that is where the return line to the tank is.

7. Ok Thank you. I wont be doing this until this afternoon. I'll keep you posted.

8. Well the injectors are good and getting voltage. Removed the fuel pump and reinstalled. Got it to run but idling really rough. Got new spark plugs coming.

9. ttc

ttc Active Member

Seafoam a full bottle and 5 liters of fresh gas let it smoke out the driveway. Then change the oil. What does the air filter look like? And the duct where the fresh air goes into the air box? Any critter nest choking off air to the engine

10. Air filter is brand new. I will check the ducts to see if there is any blockage. I will try seafoam. I was just checking out injectors and coil packs boy they dont give them away.

11. ttc

ttc Active Member

Oh check out Impex prices are pretty reasonable