Hijet seats // seat covers

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by T-bill, Jun 6, 2024.

1. T-bill

T-bill New Member

Looking for high quality seat covers for a '97 Daihatsu Hijet S100 (2WD, 9th generation). There seem to be more choices for later-model Hijets like S200/S210 (10th generation).

Can anyone tell me if the seat measurements remained the same from the 9th generation 100 series to the 10th generation 200 series?

Eyeballing photos, they look to be the same.

I would hate to order seat covers from Japan only to discover they are the wrong size!

Alternatively, if anyone has a source for nice seat covers that will fit, please share! Thanks.

2. jblueridge

jblueridge Member Supporting Member

I am interested in this too.
    I see few options online for S110P .

BeFoward sourced a body panel for me that was listed as fitting a 200 series.
    It fit exactly. but seats would be an easy thing to change in a new model.

3. KevinK

KevinK Member

I have read a few places that CJ6 and CJ7 seat covers fit, though I have no personal experience with them

4. T-bill

T-bill New Member

“I have read a few places that CJ6 and CJ7 seat covers fit, though I have no personal experience with them”

This is really valuable information, thanks.

Here in Texas there’s a ton of old Jeeps on the road and a vibrant CJ community. Pats ‘a plenty! I will pick up a cheap seat cover, see if it fits and, if it does, find a good set for the long term. Will report back!

KevinK and jblueridge like this.