1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hijet S110P door glass replacement

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet References' started by JoelDWebb, Aug 3, 2021.

1. JoelDWebb

JoelDWebb New Member

A mower launched rock that destroyed my S110P drivers side door glass. I have a replacement glass on the way and was looking to see if there was any documentation / video on the replacement process. I have searched this forum, the internet and YouTube but cannot find any Kei Truck specific information.a

2. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

You pull off the door panel, (Use a panel puller, or you will break the panel, and you need the Jesus Clip remover or you can’t get the handle off), and lower the window, take out the wither strippping in the window channel, (you need all the wiggle room you can get), then the window bolts to the regulator with two 6-mm bolts with ten-mm heads, You have to rotate it out, and up, New one goes in the same way.

Rotated 90-degrees, with the back down, and then it rotates to go onto the regulator, and bolts on. You may need to move the attachment rail from your old window onto the replacement. Depends on who pulled it. Some places leave it on, some take it off. Pretty similar to just bout every other car with manual regulators. Very similar to the 77 Toyota Hilux, I used to own. Might even have the same regulator. Sure looks identical.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2021
    Limestone likes this.
  3. JoelDWebb

JoelDWebb New Member

Thanks for the information. I was wondering if i needed to remove the side track rubber to replace it but it looks like I only need to remove the inner weather strip and turn the glass on end to replace. Excellent write-up!