1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hijet engine tag info and strut question

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by Chevelle17, Aug 14, 2016.

1. Chevelle17

Chevelle17 New Member

Hello guys,

We just bought our first mini truck a Daihatsu Hijet S110P this week. We took it out for a ride at the farm and realized it needed some work on the front end. The shocks seem shot. We took it a part and the struts need replaced. First question is what struts we need (Model #) I saw S83P struts seemed to pop up often when looking online. He is a pic of the engine tag, could you help us out.
    Engine: V-S110P-TMRS

FullSizeRender.jpg

2. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

If your shocks aren't leaking oil they are most likely still functional. It's the strut springs that are weak.
    Search the threads form Afco springs. Depending on what you have mounted to front bumper, snow plow, heavy duty bumper ect. will you a. Ideal of what springs you need. Stock spring are I believe are 175lbs. Afco makes them in the 175 to 275lbs.

3. ttc

ttc Active Member

if you get afco and dont plan on plow or heavy bumper look at the 225's i find that my truck with 250's is to harsh of a ride now even with 3 people in the cab. also the suspension is not gas charged on the hijet. just oil and valves. I think my issue is to much preload on the springs and i plan on putting some adjustable collars from a spring over kit on soon.

4. Brookville

Brookville New Member

Where did you find this tag at on your truck?

5. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

Under the drivers seat frame rail if Asia marketed right hand drive.
    If USA marketed left hand drive might be same place or between the seats on rear cab wall.

Brookville likes this.
  6. I bought mine from RockAuto UK. Go to Rock Auto web site and click on British flag at the top. Then you can look them up. Much cheaper than any other source I found including freight and came in less than a week.

Brookville likes this.
  7. Brookville

Brookville New Member

Can you share the web site info?
    Thanks

8. I looked to share the site with you and found they no longer have a way to access the European site. I bought mine over a year ago. Search Hijet strut on the forum and you will get a very good overview and part numbers as well as sources. Sorry for the bad lead.

Brookville likes this.