1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hijet "Climber" rear axle fluid type required?

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by Christopher a botta, May 4, 2022.

1. Hi all,

Getting ready for my 1st fluid change in 1996 Hijet Climber 4x4.

Can anyone help with the exact type of fluid required in the rear axle?

I understand regular 4x4 Hijets require GL-5 Hypoid Gear Lube, however am wondering if the Climber requires same or a specific other type of fluid due to any limited slip or specialized rear axle type.

Any help is always appreciated.

Regards,

Cb

2. Thankyou to Limestone and Just4Fun for the helpful advice regarding proper fluid selection for my 1996 Hijet Climber...

I now have a reliable spec sheet for anyone that desires the proper fluid from radiator, engine oil, front and rear differentials and manual transmission lubes...
    Also, if anyone needs an English manual I can arrange that for you in MSWord

Thanks to all great Forum performers,

cb

3. MyFirstMini1990s83p

MyFirstMini1990s83p New Member

I could use a manual. I have the the James Danko manuals and I need more detail than they provide. I have a 1990 s83p

Does anyone have the complete manual example section attached or know where to purchase it. I keep seeing portions posted but I would like to buy the entire manual. D9CB51B4-72FD-48BE-BF8F-D235AA94F646.png

4. Izumi @ JPN Auto has it I'm certain

5. shogun

shogun Active Member