1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hijet Air Conditioning Parts

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet References' started by jimxcr440, Jun 3, 2009.

1. jimxcr440

jimxcr440 New Member

I need a Thermostatic Expansion Valve for the A/C system on a 1993 HiJet. can anyone help please?

2. Joe Newberry

Joe Newberry New Member

Hijet Expansion Valve

Hi. I have been crossing parts for these trucks for over 3 years now and the expansion valves have been a problem. Even from japan parts sources, which are quite expensive. I have been sent parts that are ALMOST the same but not quite! Also some of the ac parts are different for same year models. After extensive searching I found someone in Ft. Worth Texas who is extremely helpfull at anything relating to automotive A/C (thus the name of his business Extreme A/C Parts) What we did on Suzuki and Mitsubishi valves, Daihatsu should be similar, was send him our old expansion valves for comparison ( also the dryer.) So far we haven't been able to stump him. In each case we have had an exact new and inexpensive replacement part in 3 days or less. Not to be advertising for him, but he came though for us BIG time. You might want to give him a call or check out online.
    Hope this helps.