1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High Elevation Low Power

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by Nickw, Feb 7, 2024.

1. Nickw

Nickw New Member

Hi,
    I have a 97 Sambar carb’d, no AC. I live at 7000 feet elevation and am thinking I may need to re jet the carb. Truck runs very smoothly but has no power in 5th. Max speed is about 50 mph floored and gets worse with wet cold weather. At lower elevation I was able to get up to 65 mph no problem with plenty of throttle left. I’ve searched for part numbers for jets with no luck. Any ideas on a solution?

2. Mistery510

Mistery510 New Member

Not gunna lie, your profile confused the heck out of me... I'm nick w and I'm from AZ as well lol... I was like did I accidentally make a new profile lol

Nickw likes this.
  3. Nickw

Nickw New Member

Haha nice! I’m up here in Show Low freezing to death

4. Mistery510

Mistery510 New Member

Yeah man we got tons of rain down here in Phoenix!!! Good luck up there!!!

5. Lyle Knox

Lyle Knox New Member

Hi fellow Zonies. We just got a place in Forest Lakes, 7,540' elevation. I'm looking at the supercharged FI version specifically for the elevation. NickW, you're going to lose performance at our elevation no matter what. Re-jetting will help some, but there's just no O2 to burn. I know that a small generator looses about 3.8% for every 1,000' elevation gain, so figure a 25% performance loss at 7k'.

Lyle