1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi, Jet! How can we get better acquainted?

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by Old Ironsights, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Just acquired my '94 110P- just off the boat in August.

Been digging in the site, trying Google Fu, and not coming up with some answers.

From what I have read, it looks like I need 250lb springs. Great... I guess. I'm not a wrench bender, but I'll pass that on to my mechanic. After that, better tyres...

This HiJet is super basic. No dome lights. Not a single knock-out on the dash has been used (Lighter & ashtray has... got a Jap Butt as a bonus...). JP Clarion AM only, 1 speaker useless radio. Been trying to get specs so I can can get an AM/FM/MP3 put in, but not having much luck. I have some LED kits for interior lights, but curious about knockouts/switches and the seemingly pointless door switch on the driver's door... and how to make things work in a sensible way.

I also need visors. For some reason the original owner took them out. What fits?

Is there a reasonable way to add a Tach? I live by Tach on my Kawa750Maxim. This bird runs 90kph well enough, but I like to SEE what the engine is doing. How hard is this?

Anyway, appreciate the feedback. I'm waaaaaaay out of the way in the Mountain West, so everything is Mail Order or 5 hrs+ away....

Love to read advice tho...

2. ttc

ttc Active Member

I put in a mechless deck in and that sad 1 speaker makes pretty good sound. For a tach look at glowshift tach. The are about the only one I could find that have a 3 cylinder setting. At 90kph in 5th mine is reving almost 7000rpm. I have gone up to 110 but only briefly. The 250 springs seem a bit harsh on my truck I almost went with 225 springs but eventually I will replace the front bumper and add a superwinch Terra 3500 winch. Also skid plates are in the works. Also the truck will still do 80/90 with a half a cord of fire wood just takes long time after 3 gear and hills slow you down. Reducing the load on the alternator by going to led running lights will be a big help for the 40amp alternator.

3. ttc

ttc Active Member

I got a lot of my stuff via mail from summit and rock auto.