Hi folks

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by zardoz, Jun 12, 2009.

1. zardoz

zardoz Member

I got my 93 carry 4 days ago... it's a great little truck. 5 speed (+ bull low) and axle lock. Now it's time to decide what to paint her. Put the aluminum rims from my 88 Festiva on her today... much cooler looking now ;)

I'm a retired CDN Army mechanic, daughter is in second year of uni... son is in grade nine next... awesome wife (we passed the 24 year mark last month :) ).

Oh yeah.. I'm a federal, medical marijuana patient grower/consumer. Received a back injury in the Army... they retired me at 35... that was ten years ago (this week).

Great site... I've learned a fair bit already ;)

z

2. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

blue is always different lol.

could go black or could rino liner it etc.

3. Mighty Milt

Mighty Milt Active Member

could "go greeen" as an inspiration for what keeps you "going" :D

i'm a disabled vet to.. but from the south... got hurt in iraq. it wasn't too bad till the army dr's decided to "fix it"... now if i step wrong my hip dislocates.. just wish they would prescribe me some of them left handed cigarettes to keep the pain away.

welcome to our little slice of heaven.. hope you enjoy your stay.

4. zardoz

zardoz Member

I know the

posibillities are nearly endless LOL I was SURE I wanted something like "Neon Lime Green" or some equally bizarre colour, now I'm just not sure... spent too much time in "camoed" trucks and smp JUNK... don't want to jinx my little baby with a camo job. My buddy says paint it the same BOLD green they paint airport "crask trucks"... I just don't know...

z

5. zardoz

zardoz Member

I only had

numbness down my leg (hip to toes), but like you... let them "fix it" (mistake) I lasted another few years by "self medicating" for the better part of ten years of service, "never suspected, always respected" had some damn good times in the service.... (seems kinda funny to say that... but all in all I enjoyed my "time in"). The only thing I really miss is working on some of the more "cool" pieces of equipment like this ( www.supacat.com/supacat_products_catMil.htm ) six wheel drive amphibious turbo diesel fun buggy!

Thanks for the welcomes folks, I love seeing what folks are doing with their gear... gives me "inspiration" for my own ;)

z

6. Windmill

Windmill Member

I would go with Teal green and tinted windows.

7. tmikewww

tmikewww Member

Welcome!
    I'm "disabled" also. From "39 year war" with new and used "car buyers". Seriously, my respect goes to you who "served".
    Tmikewww
    (tom)

8. NoExpert

NoExpert Member

Welcome to the forums. I haven't been here long either. I just bought my 92 Carry a couple of months ago and I'm loving it. There's a lot of good info for reference here about these little trucks.

This is coming from a guy that's never so much as smoked a left-handed cigarette: they should just legalize pot and tax it. It's behind closed door use is probably as wide spread as alcohol. I don't know if I believe the press about it being a "gateway drug" and a platform to launch people into a life of crime, doom, and gloom. Anecdotally the only legitimate literature I've ever read about mary-J seems to indicate the most detrimental effect is on adolescent males. It seems to be a "de-motivating" chemical on a population of young males that already have a hard time getting motivated for anything other then chasing adolescent females. :)

Aside from the obvious fact that smoking anything every day is bad for you (which is a lecture I give patients every day), it doesn't seem to be a threat to the nation's moral fiber. JMHO ;)

Last edited: Jun 13, 2009
  9. zardoz

zardoz Member

"Aside from the obvious fact that smoking anything every day is bad for you (which is a lecture I give patients every day), it doesn't seem to be a threat to the nation's moral fiber. JMHO"

I couldn't agree more! :) this is why I "vaporize" my meds in a "Volcano" vaporizer ;)

Yes it "can" be a de-motivator, but as you stated it normally only "de-motivates" those that are already inclined to non-motivation. For me... I get some of my most creative moments when "well lubricated" :)

z

10. Dan

Dan Member

Go green! ...cannibus camo!

11. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

ohh ohh i know!! do the paint colors from optimus prime! then just claim its his little brother in training!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 13, 2009
  12. zardoz

zardoz Member

I'm leaning towards Dan's idea of "cannabis camo" , but to change it up a bit I'm thinking of painting tiny mini trucks on the leaves... then I'm going to call her "Lil WEED Hopper" painted in gold leaf across the tailgate :)

I gotta tell ya... I was/am sorely tempted to follow Stuff's lead ;) ... would that be "Minimus Prime"? This led me to dream up a "mini 5th wheel" saddle in the bed and a custom trailer for... um... "Garden supplies"

z