1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heya!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Puro, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Puro

Puro Member

Hello people! Fours years ago I got myself a 93 Carry truck and it's only until very recently that I finally accumulated enough wealth to seriously start rebuilding it.
    I'm not a mechanic by any stretch of the imagination... I'm just a (fairly) handy guy who got a pretty decent grasp of the theory... And I'm certain lots of mistakes (and learning!) will be done along the way.
    ...And that's when I'll need you people most!

This is literally my first project/summer car. Ever. Never before have I taken anything out of a vehicle aside wheels and batteries, so this is quite ambitious for me.
    So far the bed was removed, and just yesterday I took out the carburetor; it was running rough and the vacuum lines were all cracked up.
    I figured that would be a good place to start. I ordered both a rebuild kit as well as a Chinese carburetor replica as plan B.
    Currently debating if I should just take out the engine entirely and work on it more properly that way...?

As for why I chose a kei truck of all cars... well.
    When I was a kid, I used to play this game called "Penny Racers" on N64.
    Of all the vehicles available, this one grabbed my attention the most:
    776.jpg
    I mean... you had sports cars, SUVs... but this? This was unique. And I was almost obsessed with it.
    So when I found out... many, many years later that this truck was based on real, existing models... and that some of them were for sale where I lived? Boom. Got myself one.
    Might not be the same year/model, but it's close enough.
    truck.png

Clearly it'll need some TLC but I'm confident I'll make it happen!

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
  2. Limestone

Limestone Well-Known Member

Puro,
    Welcome back, Good Looking Truck, I'm thinking that you've read a lot of the carb. post's on the forum. If it was me, before I put that new carb. into play, I would completely check out the whole fuel system! Tank, replacing all fuel lines(like your doing), fuel pump, filters! Any where bad (contaminated fuel) can come back to haunt you! Put the fuel issue behind you once and for all! Good Luck!
    Limestone

3. Puro

Puro Member

Thinking about it, the fuel system did seem in a pretty rough shape, might as well re-do the whole thing while I'm at it. Thanks for the tip!

4. Limestone

Limestone Well-Known Member

I, think you'll be farther ahead, in the long run, and less problems, and aggravation, along the way!