1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey all

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by MazKid, Aug 11, 2007.

1. MazKid

MazKid New Member

Hi, I'm Ryan...I'm a Mazda new car salesman here in St. Louis, and am beyond a Mazda enthusiast. I own the cars, know the cars, sell the cars, use to detail the cars, my dad's a Mazda Master Tech, and my family of 4 owns exclusively Mazdas, and lots of them. I own 3, my dad has 3, my mom has 1, and my brother has way too many to keep track of(he buys/sells parts, parts out Mazdas, fixes and sells them, etc).

Now I have the need for speed even if my cars are slow. I supercharged my Miata, so it's pretty quick and a blast to drive, I'm going to be turboing my Protege soon, and the 323 will be a daily driver once we do the 5 speed swap. Info and pics in my signature.

So I got bit by the mini truck bug. I don't even know how, but for the past week or so I've been reading up and hunting them. I'm looking for a Mazda Scrum 660CC that I'll be driving on the streets and off-roading whenever I can(going to hang with FJ Cruisers, 4 Runners, and some other local car people who go off-roading from time to time).

I'm 20 years old, so it's kind of wierd that I'd be looking into these things, but I'm a small car enthusiast and you can't get much smaller than these kei trucks. I'll feel right at home behind the wheel even though I'm all about handling and performance...it'll be a nice change of pace I guess. Man, I want one sooooo bad. :cool:

-Ryan

2. Colin

Colin Member

Not weird at all, man. I'm 21 and also a performance car enthusiast. I think these trucks just appeal to my taste for the bizarre - I am a Merkur owner, too, after all. :D

Colin

3. kmoneil

kmoneil Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to the forum! Hope you find your Scrum.

4. Wolfman

Wolfman Member

Welcome. I hope you do find a Scrum. I think you'll be the first as these seem to be the hen's teeth of the Kei trucks.

As for on road use, check up with your local laws on if you can, and what the process will be. They are supposed to be goverened to only run in 1st and reverse by the EPA. Mine has been de-governed, and has tags. Like Colin, I'm now down to the wait for the official paper title to be able to be considered truly "official."

5. Colin

Colin Member

Well, yeah... even when our titles arrive, we're still not 100% legitimate. We're just driving grey market vehicles AND committing a little bit of fraud - matching title, registration, and VIN of the vehicle will ward off the casual observer (traffic cop) but the truth is still just a scratch below the surface. I'm fine with that, though - my vehicle is covered by a legitimate insurance policy and the state is getting their $40/year for new tabs. :)

For what it's worth, I've got a jolly roger sticker in the rear window of the lil bugger. :D

Colin

6. Wolfman

Wolfman Member

Yeah, we'll only be "good" at the state level. That said, I didn't buy mine to drive cross country anyway. You'd have to cut the cab open to get me out by then if I were to try - too cramped.