1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Here we go into the world of the Mitsubishi Bravo

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by MikeD, Mar 24, 2023.

1. MikeD

MikeD Member

New user here. Mechanic by trade but new to the jap mini truck world.

I've got an opportunity to buy a 1995 Mitsubishi Bravo w/ the aero roof. It has ( I think ) a 3 speed auto trans. It is AWD. It has pretty low miles, I can't remember exactly how many.

Few random thoughts that I was looking for some user help with:

• I believe my rig is a U44 based on a VIN search. When looking for parts I never see the U44 but see a lot of parts compatible with U41/ U42. I suspect these are similar builds?

• I believe the engine is the 4A30, inline 4, is that correct? Possibly with a 5 valve DOHC? It looks to be fuel injected but I still haven't popped the hood ( lol the seat )

• Any leads on a repair manual ? I see an option on amazon, looks to be the only choice.

• I assume parts are available as I scoured the ol' Google. I see some US options and also Partsouq overseas is always a good choice.
      >> Does anyone have any solid go-to option when searching for parts or is it always a bit of a treasure hunt?

• What should I expect for speeds with this 3 speed auto. 35-40? 50 downhill?

• Any other common problems on these rigs I should look for?

Needed Repairs -The rig I am looking at is pretty rust free which is awesome but after a quick look I see it needs
    • Both CV's need a re-boot. I see some options for this on google but all listed for U42
    • A little leaky around rear diff but that's not a big concern
    • It hasn't driven over parking lot speeds in years so it could be a total sh*t show once I start driving it

At a sale price of $1500 I can't pass this one up. Worst case if it breaks down I'll park it in my driveway and call it a guest house or a shed =]