1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with finding tires!

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by jwetovick, Dec 13, 2011.

1. jwetovick

jwetovick Member

I have read thread after thread and searched and searched online and am still not real confident on what will fit my factory wheels on my 95 mits mini truck! I don't know why this has to be so hard. I am wanting to stay with the factory wheels for now so I'm needing some 12in tires but they sure seem tough to find!! Can someone please point me in the right direction? Looking for more of an A/T (all-terrain) tire if possible. Is there anything wrong with using trailer wheels and tires or not the right bolt pattern??

I also have the wheels and tires I purchased for this when I bought it. They are STI C7 12in wheels with STI Black Diamond ATV tires 23x8x12. Make a reasonable offer. Thanks for any and all help finding some tires.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2011
  2. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

I would call some mini truck dealers and see if they had some takes off. From time to time we get some standard mud grip type or truck tread tires that come on the trucks. We just take them off and add wider more aggressive tires. I personally dont have any in stock right now but someone else might then again that might change next week. You never know.
    12" tires are hard to find in the USA unless you get a trailer tire from a tire store and those are pretty much junk.

3. daberry402004

daberry402004 New Member

4. jwetovick

jwetovick Member

Thanks guys for the info. So is my next best option to go with 13in wheels? My biggest concern is I lost so much speed with the 23in atv tires i had on before that I'm afraid to put anything bigger than stock on. Any advice? Thanks

5. Ironraven

Ironraven Active Member

I had a set of 155/80/r13's and they worked like a charm. I actually still have 'em... if you're in the midwest and want to come get 'em I'd sell them for next to nothing. I needed a taller tire for more clearance when I plow snow so I have no use for them.

6. jwetovick

jwetovick Member

Can someone give me a site where I could get 13in wheels to fit a 95 mits? I am really wanting a tire that is as close to same height as stock but with a decent aggressive tread similar to say the Carlisle all terrains. Am I asking too much? Im having a heck of a time finding anything like this. If I could only find a set of tires with tread similar to the Carlisle all terrain to fit stock 12in wheels I would do cart wheels in the garage! All I can find are 23in and I already tried that with atv tires and didn't work out, no top speed. Thanks

Last edited: Dec 14, 2011
  7. woodhe1

woodhe1 Member

13" wheels

www.elites-wholesale.com has 13" wheels for your Mit.

You can go with 13" WinterForce (Firestone) or a different brand of tire.

dan

Attached Files:

8. jwetovick

jwetovick Member

Them are some nice looking wheels! I might have to look into those a little more. Wish I could just get my STI wheels and atv tires sold first. Someone will get a good deal on those eventually. Have them on craigslist but little interest so far. Thanks for showing me the website to those wheels.

9. Ironraven

Ironraven Active Member

Have you tried a junkyard? I got a set of steel wheels and tires for $160 from my local junkyard...

10. jwetovick

jwetovick Member

I would be game for that. I dont really need anything fancy and have found that going up to a 13in there are many options for tires. Sooooo now that i've made up my mind on going to a 13in wheel now I have to find which vehicles to look for some in a junk yard. I've seen a list on a thread and now I can find the list. Need to fit my 95 mits. 114.3 i believe. Thanks

11. Ironraven

Ironraven Active Member

12. jwetovick

jwetovick Member

13. Ironraven

Ironraven Active Member

Lol, google is my best friend! Good luck dude, you might even find some nice aluminum wheels for dirt cheap, who knows!

14. blochpoultry

blochpoultry New Member

I am interested in your tires and wheels. What city and state is your craigslist under? I have a 94 Diahatsu Hijet and am wandering if they will fit. My email address is blochpoultry@yahoo.com.