1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with finding electrical connectors?

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by Inane2, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Inane2

Inane2 Member

Good evening guys,

Picked up a Daihatsu back-up alarm for my Hijet. It's a plug and play assembly that is fed off the reverse lamp and is also tied into the tail lights so when the tail lights are on at night, this disables the buzzer. Pretty neat little deal, made by Denso of course.

This is for a S210 but it seems it was intended for the 2005 and up S210's. These had a narrower roll pan with narrower tail lights and obviously different electrical connectors. My reverse connector is the same but the tail light connectors are different and won't plug up.

I've figured the wiring schematic out and can make this work by hard wiring it using some male and female spade terminals....no big deal. What I'd really like to do is switch the newer style connectors on the back-up alarm to the old style and keep the plug and play functionality.

My OEM male connector from the tail light:

[​IMG]

My OEM female connector on the body wiring harness:

[​IMG]

Does anyone recognize these from any other application? I'd like to track a set of these downs and use these on the alarm end. I know most of your parts houses keep a catalog (Borg Warner, etc) of common pigtails you can buy to replace damaged connectors. Maybe something from a Toyota?

Thanks!