1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with 1990 Carry DB51T 4WD MT Carb Question

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by kthrash, Jan 7, 2017.

1. kthrash

kthrash New Member

Hi all,

I have a 1990 Suzuki Carry DB51T 4WD with MT Non/AC.

I purchased the truck with a suspect carb on it and immediately went out and purchased a new one and ran all new vacuum lines.. I found out that the previous owner had removed the fast idle solonoid off the old carb, so now I dont know what vacuum lines feed the fast idle solonoid on the carb..

Can anyone help with a 3-1 vacuum port carb with 2 of the ports feeding the upper choke solenoid? Everything I have found on here is for a 3-2 or a 2-3 carb..

I've read this site for the last 2 weeks trying to find this info but no-ones carb looks like mine..

Thanks in advance.

KBG Farms likes this.
  2. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

There was another member with the same problem a few weeks ago. I don't know if he found the solution. He may see this and chime in. The thread was under the notification about starting a facebook group.

Fred

3. Durb

Durb New Member

I have a 91 with the carb I think you are describing i will try to get you some pics tomorrow.

kthrash likes this.
  4. kthrash

kthrash New Member

that would be awesome Durb!

5. Durb

Durb New Member

20170115_131031.jpg 20170115_131819.jpg 20170115_131919.jpg carb vacuum ports.jpg Vacuum chart.jpg
    I took some pics of mine and I have a few parts missing off mine but vacuum lines seem intact. I put some number labels on them to help. Number 0 goes to diaphragm on choke.Number 1 comes from base of carb and goes to a evap canister located on back of cab under bed on drivers side. Number 2 goes to diaphragm at throttle linkage. Number 3 goes to bottom of air filter box. I also found some diagrams in another forum that may be helpful. Hope this helps you and when I was looking for this I found a line off on mine and it runs much better know so let me say thanks to you lol. PS I cant guarantee mine is correct but it looks factory with all clips etc in place

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
  6. kthrash

kthrash New Member

thanks for the pics, your carb has 5 ports and is different than mine. Mine only has 4..

7. fmartin_gila

Not sure all the ports are needed. There are a couple pics floating that show two of the ports Tee'd together with a short length of hose and a plastic T.

Fred

8. KCCats

KCCats Active Member

I need to know as well?
    I have a high idle and I want to replace all the vac lines too!

9. fmartin_gila

Some food for thought. In the above diagrams - The red colored hose (6 to G nipple) is for control of the 4WD, as such that nipple has to be internally ported to receive manifold vacuum. Try to find another source of vacuum or Tee it into a line with constant vacuum and see if that would equate to 3/1 carb useage. My vehicle is EFI so I can't try it, so I am merely suggesting a possible solution. I am thinking on the line that the 3/2 carb was used with 4WD vehicles and the 3/1 was used on 2WD vehicles.

Fred

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
  10. KCCats

KCCats Active Member

What are the 3/2 3/1 mean?

11. fmartin_gila

Number of vacuum nipples and their location in relation to the adjust screw. Go through all the pics you can find and you will see how they are arranged. There are quite a few pics at www.suzuki-forums.com/suzuki-carry-every-forum/ go to the gallery, then click on "N" and you will find a bunch from Newsavedone.

Fred

12. KCCats

KCCats Active Member

Again Im trying to register and it isn't letting me register!

13. fmartin_gila

KCCats, I have tried to register also and it won't let me - I just thought it was because of my location in the philippines as it seems there is some problem with my verification process. I just keep it in my "favorites" and consider it a 'read only' resource.

Fred