1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help needed quick!!!

Discussion in 'Mini Lounge' started by fupabox, Nov 27, 2010.

1. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

Update...almost ready to put on the road...interior is out at the moment for soundproofing ,but should be back together by the weekend...The originally equipped Carrozeria EQ/Cass. /Amps/CD changer didn't make the final cut..was also wired for television with the Tv antennas still on the roof..(think I'll leave em cause they look insanely odd:D) the other audio equipment was so insane and no longer wired in (had also been spliced by the P.O.) altogether the Carrozeria stuff weighed 34lbs:eek:...so a normal deck was put in and the EQ's spot now sports a single DIN Mercury Sable combo change holder and cup holder. The vibration turned out to be a transmission locater that was improperly installed when someone put in the new clutch..it's a rubber lined square ring that restricts movement of the transaxle by way of a square steel rod that is located dead centre inside it..when the mechanic did the clutch I guess he didn't centre the locater and it was sitting on the bottom of the square ring instead of in the centre (if any of my explanation makes sense you deserve a beer:p)..anyhow that is no longer an issue...neat thing I discovered while swapping the tranny/diff/t-case fluids...a slotted knob on the transfer case that allows you to select FWD or AWD..for towing I assume?..or maybe just for better fuel efficiency in the summer..looks like a plastic knob may have been on it originally..no mention in the owners manual of it...sorry long winded :eek:

Attached Files:

2. fupabox

Minor update ...I have had this car apart in my driveway for 2 months redoing everything from engine mounts which require removing the entire engine/tranny cradle and most of the front end of the car(thanks to Don for the parts:)) alternator (bad battery blew the diodes :frustration:)....almost completely done..as I have been reassembling,everything is getting polished and repainted where necessary.If I can't get rid of the driveline/engine vibration I will go insane...I have torn apart every nut/bolt in the car now to hunt down the culprit. BTW the tranny locater was not the culprit as I had originally suspected

3. fupabox

vibration gone:) the last mechanic who installed the clutch didn't tighten the rear engine mount to the block...prob forgot and then realized once it was bolted back together and was too lazy to re-do it...All to no avail though because I am informed by my broker that come renewal time only the hijet will be allowed to be insured......so all that work was pointless:frustration::frustration:. Will be posting for sale in the appropriate section....not happily...but what can you do:(

4. starpuss

starpuss Member

Dam that sucks! all that work and you need to sell her.

5. fupabox

there are no words to describe how .. unimpressed ..I am with the situation in this province