1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help!!! Hijet Carb Tuning Trouble

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by Tori Bean, Feb 24, 2016.

1. Tori Bean

Tori Bean New Member

Guys please help! My hijet was running pretty good, then I adjusted the carb & changed the fuel pressure regulator. Now I cannot get it running good again. I have an aftermarket fuel pump and regulator installed. Don't know what i'm doing wrong. I've got it running ok now, but not as good as it was. When starting from a stop the truck hesitates and seems like its going to die. Fuel regulator is set to 1. I have noticed the choke never opens, however I recently rebuilt the carb & the choke flap is easy to press with little resistance, so I don't think its stuck. If I try to hold the choke opens it starts to act like its going to die. I have also noticed that the water lines to the carb are capped off. Is this why the choke never opens & the truck never idles down?
    Either was the truck was running better before.
    I have also noticed there is a big hole near the muffler where air is escaping. Would this have anything to do with my problems?
    My carb is slightly different than Fupabox's, but I have watched his video several times. It seems as if I only have 2 adjustment scores on top, the idle air and the idle screw, no choke vacuum.
    In the pic Ive circled the 2 adjustments that I have been using. What is the small one I put a question mark on?
    Thanks for your help!!!

Attached Files: