1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by deezums, May 27, 2023.

1. deezums

deezums New Member

Hello everyone,

I've got a 93 Suzuki Carry 4x4 I'm looking to fix up, and it's looking like it's gonna take quite a bit! Sounds like it has a bad bearing, but that's just word of mouth, never heard it run.

So, I checked compression and #1 is wicked low, like 45psi. I still expect it to at least try and fire on 2&3, which are at ~140psi, but nothing doing. Read lots about bad "electric chokes" or enrichment solenoids, so I pull the carb and drain it, flush the cylinders who are drenched, reinstall the carb and plug the fuel feed line. Stupid truck won't even fire on starting fluid.

Little research later and I've found that timing is correct at right around 10 degrees, but the cap is fried and it's missing pretty good. Not enough to not even try and fire, and really only on #1.

At this point I had already found the lack of coolant, actually seems like someone stuffed it with fix-leak because the thermostat housing is full of concrete. Time to pull the engine...

So, I've got three bad cam journals and one bad rod journal on the crank. Didn't spin the bearing, just got wicked hot and transferred a little material.

So, I'm here looking for a head and some oversized bearings! And any other info I can find...

Anyway, just figured I'd stop in and say hi!