1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello :-)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Hazel, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Hazel

Hazel New Member

I thought it polite to say hello, so hi everyone.
    I have just acquired a sambar, unfortunately it has a completely knackered engine (bargain all the same)
    Need to do some investigating now and either try to find a replacement engine or maybe consider an alternative engine to go in it.

2. Hegels

Hegels New Member

What are your plans for fixing it? are you going to try and source a different engine, or perhaps rebuild your own(probably what I would do given how expensive they are)? I just did a quick search and am astonished by how expensive replacement engines are. you wouldn't think something that is as economical to purchase as a kei truck would be as costly to repair. your en07 engine I found a rebuilt one online for $2500 or a "used" one for $1900.

3. Hazel

Hazel New Member

Really not sure as yet, husband just sent me a message saying he has just bought a Subaru pick up with good engine for £100, collecting it tomorrow, you never know. All we know is the pick up is a 900cc Subaru, bought it blind so really don't know if it will be suitable as a donor until we see it :)

4. Hazel

Hazel New Member

3779B111-827A-4DD5-99C6-0FA915FF05EF.jpg This is the sambar I picked up today, she is very cute, just hope we can sort her out

5. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

I dunno...sure looks like a Vee Dub to me! ;) Best of luck with getting it sorted. A 900cc version sounds pretty great to me!

6. Hazel

Hazel New Member

Haha, I know, going to lose the vw badge and maybe replace with spare wheel :) We've always had vw, started in a t2, then several t3/t25s now have a t4!
    Found out the 'donor' is a Subaru sumo, let's hope it fits :) AilmAs