1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello to all! - 92 Sambar “jumbo”cab

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Ken Bagby, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Ken Bagby

Ken Bagby New Member

I just got a 92 Sambar “jumbo”cab! Wife and I have a small retreat we lovingly call the shack near Blowing Rock NC. Were thinking about getting a side by side until I discovered mini trucks. If their over 25 we can rage it for the road, that was all we needed! Always having to make a parts run to Lowes or beer/wine run can’t do that wit a UTV. We thought Honda first thinking some parts might be comparable with Civics. Found out Subaru was the only one with a 4 cyl and had push button 4wd. I read several posts about tires from you guys and knew I didn’t want to put on a lift kit. Someone suggested “13” 175R’s. I looked for days and lucked out yesterday got a set of Honda’s with new tires for $150. They work perfectly. My tire store wanted $388. just to replace the 12”! Anyway, thanks for the helpful advice and I’ll fill you in on my history with small trucks. Ken

Attached Files:

2. matt167

matt167 Active Member

Sambar is for sure the nicest mini truck, and having the larger cab version is the roomiest.

3. Adam Wheeler

Adam Wheeler Active Member

Looks like a really clean Subie, welcome.

4. Ohkei Dohkei

Ohkei Dohkei Active Member

Welcome! I don't think lifting is bad, it just has to be done with caution.

Limestone likes this.
  5. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

Aren’t the Subies the ones that have a true frame instead of a unibody? If you have a frame, you can lit the cab, and not have to change the suspension.

Limestone likes this.