1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello. Need some opinions/help

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by IndianaJason, Nov 6, 2007.

1. IndianaJason

IndianaJason Member

Hello. I am new here and am looking for some opinions.

I am in the process of buying a mini truck, and have the choice between these two, just can't decide which would be better, or suit me better and looking forward to any and all opinions.
    Here they are:

#1 - 1998 Suzuki Carry 4x4 Dump - 66,000 miles. Electric hydraulic dump bed. 5 speed manual trans with x-tra low gear. Axle lock and differential lock. (-No high and low range, just 2 wheel drive or 4 wheel drive from my understanding....?) Very good condition inside and out. Upgraded with either 2 or 3 inch lift (my choice), and Titan 489xt Tires (or Carlisle All Trail tires , again, my choice ).

Total price with upgrades - $6,100.00

#2 - 1993 Suzuki Carry 4x4 Dump - 37,000 miles. Electric Hydraulic dump bed. 4 speed manual trans. Hi and Low range. Axle lock. Differential lock. Good condition inside and out. Some rust in front of bed. Upgraded with either 2 or 3 inch lift (my choice), and Titan 489xt Tires (or Carlisle All Trail tires , again, my choice ).

Total price with upgrades - $6,100.00 .... but may be an even $6,000.00

So, my questions are. Which sounds like the better deal? I will be primarily using the truck for hunting, and hauling firewood. Most likely will never be driving on the road and/or going over maybe 40 miles an hour. Strictly for work and putting around the fields and woods. With that in mind, will the 98 be under-powered since it does not have a "low-range" / transfer case like the 93? Does it even matter that much?

Additionally, would I be just as well off going with the 2 inch lift instead of the 3 inch lift? I have read about problems with the 3 inch lifts...?
    Also, which tires would be better between the two choices I have from the dealer - Carlisle All Trail or Titan 489xt ? As far as toughness and traction from what I have read the Titan 489xt seems to be the better choice of the two.

Both trucks will be available for me within the next 2 days, today is Nov. 6th... so I need to make a good decision

Any help and recommendations greatly appreciated. I wish I would have found this forum sooner.

Thanks in advance.

-Jason
    Indiana - USA

2. jbarv

jbarv New Member

I have a 93 Suzuki with the 5 speed and x-low gear. Its got a 2 1/4" lift with 25x8x12 carlisle tires. This thing climbs like a tarantula on steep hills. Its climbed everything Ive had the nerve to try. I havnt needed to use the extra low gear yet. I drove one with the 4 speed once. Pretty sure if mine had the high/low range, I would rarely if ever use the low end.

Id go with the 98 model if it was in better shape than the 93, since the money is about the same, but thats just my opinion.

3. IndianaJason

IndianaJason Member

Hey thanks for the info.... anything else just let me know. I appreciate it....Hopefully I'll get some more responses from others.

Do you ever haul much in your truck or just for driving? Wondered how it was with a load?

How does it do in 4wd in the mud?

Thanks again.....