1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello! I need help on a slightly unusual car

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by MIghtyLad, May 30, 2021.

1. MIghtyLad

MIghtyLad New Member

Hi! I just bought a Suzuki Mightyboy with a somewhat rare engine swap. Its a turbo DOHC 12 valve f5b off a third gen suzuki alto works: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzuki_Alto#CL11

Im changing out all the fluids and fixing up the neglect it went through under the previous owner, but I cant seem to find any info on what engine oil and transmission oil or even the oil filter needed for it.
    I read that the f5b is a lot like the DOHC 12 valve fa6 engine so I'm thinking about just using the recommended viscosities for that engine.

My questions are:
    What are the recommended fluids on a similarly spec'd fa6?
    Could you guys help me with where to look for any specific info regarding the f5b and the 5 speed gearbox it came with?

Im new to kei cars and jdm in general so any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

2. matt167

matt167 Active Member

The Mightyboy came with a F5A, which would have been SOHC carburated non turbo most likely. I don't know the Mightyboy that well other than I almost bought one... The F5B is DOHC, basically the same engine with a better cylinder head.. This would be almost a direct swap and likely still has the original 5spd..

I had an F6A turbo in a Jimny and just used 10w30 synthetic and the oil filter listed for most Suzuki's works, and it's common in Toyota's as well.. Fram PH4967, or that number will cross to any other manufacture. I typically use Wix myself. I only reference Fram because crossing them is easy

MIghtyLad and Jigs-n-fixtures like this.