1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello from the Philippines

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by frisky32001, Feb 27, 2009.

1. frisky32001

frisky32001 New Member

4x4 parts

I haven't found it hard to find the 4x4 parts here, a whole conversion kit to change a 2 wheel drive to a 4 wheel drive is only about 500 dollars US installed. The problem is the shipping to the states, so life is good for me here, in the US it would be a much more expensive proposition.

2. S.Hiro

S.Hiro Member

oh, that is great that 4x4 parts are available, but I am sure not many will buy in the USA, but I am sure you can ship small parts from Philippines, it is good business,
    just make a web site and let every one know about what you can ship, I am in the Subic Bay Area where I make custom Trucks, Now I am in Japan but will be there in couple of week,
    http://www.japanese4x4minitruck.com

good luck,
    regards

3. S.Hiro

S.Hiro Member

Jeeps

Hello again,
    Been off for while but back again in the Philippines to Extend mini trucks business to Cars & Jeeps/ Pajero & Land Cruisers also, 25 years for USA,
    keep watch my site and hope fully you will see some nice quality work on Land Cruiser soon in 2 weeks,
    hope that bring some change, but need to work Hard,
    hope to hear again,
    regards
    s.hiro

4. S.Hiro

S.Hiro Member

Hello from Philippines & Japan,
    yes I been making custom trucks here in Subic Bay also, I know one thing for sure that what kind of work you want then you can get from philippines, (need inspection at all time)
    it was hard to convert the AC & Heater, here no one use Heater so they just pull out the equipment of Heater and Use AC only,
    I been getting convertion on LHD and keep getting worker to Keep the Heater alive, it was hard but I got things Done and both AC & Heater working Fine,
    shipping to Canada without Heater will kill your Business.
    just a story of work of Philippines,
    cheers

5. vise357

vise357 Guest

Hi, I am interested in buying a Kei truck from the Phils because the steering wheel is on the left side, like in America.

I am also interested in stripping the body of a K truck and having the Filipino artisans build a mini-Jeep. I have seen these hand-build stainless jeeps all over the Phils, wouldn't it be kewl to have one made for a K-Truck chassis? Small but tough!

I'll be your first customer!

Steve

6. S.Hiro

S.Hiro Member

Hello Steve, please advice where do you want the Truck,
    thanks
    S.Hiro

7. vise357

vise357 Guest

HI. I would like the truck shipped to either the Port of Baton Rouge, Louisiana, or to the Port of New Orleans, Louisiana. An alternative port for me would be Houston, Texas, or Gulfport, Mississippi.

Do you know of any shops that can build a jeep body for my K truck?

8. S.Hiro

S.Hiro Member

Hello again,
    well noted your Port, but to import in the USA you need to have EPA certification, if you don't then you can not import,
    there are some Dealer in USA have the EPA Certification of some new model trucks, or you can import Jeep (toyota or Mitsubishi) 25 years old as there is no EPA rule apply, any 25 years old vehicles can be also street legal too,
    thanks & Regards
    S.hiro