1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello from South Central Kentucky

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by PJ&Tubby, Dec 12, 2007.

1. PJ&Tubby

PJ&Tubby Member

Hello from South Central Kentucky. To begin with PJ&Tubby are our cats. I joined to ask a question about axle locks and needed a name and since the dog's name had been used other places, the cats came to mind. Had I realized that I would want to be a part of the forum I would have used something a bit different.

"I" am really "we" as a husband/wife team. The wife's fingers work the keyboard so it can be said she does the talking/searching. Both of us use the very valuable information posted here. This said, if I post questions that sound like I don't have a clue, possibly I don't, but Jeff does. I am the 'trusty assistant'. I research, I gopher, and I learn (eventually, then I forget).

This forum has been great. In the short time we were shopping for a mini truck, so many Google searches ended here. I finally caught on that this forum and its vendors had the answers to our questions. I was very impressed with the respect shown in discussions. I'm not really into a lot of discussion groups and so many seem to be overtaken with hostility that I choose avoid getting involved.. I must mention the forum gained a lot of credibility from reading about Wolfman's great pyrenees. Dogs, especially pyrenees, compassion for animals, and mini trucks rate pretty high with us.

We live in South Central Kentucky about mid way between Louisville and Nashville, Tn. Farming is our official occupation, our way of life, and must be our hobby. We raise beef cattle and hay. We were greatly blessed with our hay crop this year. Our herd is mixed with mostly black angus. The angus and a few others are nice looking cows, but we also have some of the ugliest cows I've ever seen. The cattle are the reason for our mini truck -- hauling feed daily. I've tried to imagine what we look like with that herd surrounding us, then again I might not want to know!

Being the conservative (cheap) type and also wanting things done our way, we do our own maintenance, repair, and making new stuff. Our farm tractors are International Harvester and John Deere. We don't have new equipment but take care of what we have. We have two International road tractors, one with a flat bed/gooseneck hitch and the other was 'stretched' for a litter spreader bed. The rest of our fleet includes an older '86 Toyota pickup, '72 Chevy C10 (the hubby's first truck that still looks great), '00 GMC Jimmy for going to church & town and a Yamaha Moto4 atv. If we can help anyone with farm equipment questions we would be happy to try.

I'll not post a picture of our '88 Daihatsu HiJet. I'll just say "white" and I'm pretty sure all of you can picture it in your minds. It is taking on a "camo look" now with mud, etc :-( but that is what it is for. I enjoy seeing all the things that are being done with the little trucks. Our plans are functional but we certainly like what the truck does for us. For us it is not a fad but a long term investment. We hope the enthusiasm continues so we can have information, parts, etc. for a very long time.

Enjoy!

Shelia & Jeff

2. kmoneil

kmoneil Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to the forum Shelia & Jeff!!

3. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Yes, welcome! And thanks for the kind words. As a member of several other forums, I know what you mean about hostility. Kevin and I and the other moderators really do try to keep things mature and civil. A lot of us use our real names in our posts (as you've done) and I can't help but think that makes it a little more professional.

Perhaps we should coin a new term for trucks like yours...you could say that it is covered with "working truck camo"! :D

Enjoy!

4. Wolfman

Wolfman Member

Welcome to the group. Yeah, I rather like my big white fluffy fur hand grenades very much. Weather is rainy and wet, and they're passed out on their favorite wolf rug in the living room. They've spent a very "un-pyrlike" whole 5 minutes outside today.

5. PJ&Tubby

PJ&Tubby Member

Yes, "working truck camo" should become an official description.