1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello from SE washington state

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Hegels, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Hegels

Hegels New Member

Hi, my name is Steve and I am currently in the research phase of my mini truck life. Currently I daily drive a 2000 jetta tdi with just over 300k miles on it. I knew of Kei trucks quite a while ago but recently I began considering them as a replacement for my jetta when it dies. my daily commute is 55 miles 1 way and the speed is 65mph so I think I'm within the capabilities of these trucks. the practicality really really makes me like these little buggers.

thanks,
    Steve

2. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

Welcome. Do as much searching & reading as you can. Be aware that some of theses Kei vehicles are limited by a Govenor on the RPMs and some have the upper gears blocked so to limit speed. Some states also have limitations on them.

Fred

3. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Welcome. Yeah, be sure to check the legality for your location. I only had mine up to 55-60 once (the drive home when I got it) before I put on ag tires. Yeah, sure it got up to speed but you better not have a lot of hills. It might be safer than a motorcycle on the open road but.... That being said, I would love to use it for my short, rural commute were it legal.