1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello from a PNW island

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Henryrose, May 8, 2021.

1. Henryrose

Henryrose New Member

IMG_4839.png

This is Biggie. He’s a ‘92 Subaru Sambar, 4wd with Difflock.

He’s joining the family as we set off to move on to 10 undeveloped acres on an island in NW Washington state.

so far he has really impressed me with:
    - handling 70mph on the freeway
    - handling wet and muddy trails on the property
    - being so damn cute I can’t stop smiling when I look at him.

I’m interested in tips on how to keep him running great, as well as help upgrading the wheels tires and suspension. Thanks!

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 9, 2021
  2. Limestone

Limestone Well-Known Member

Welcome,
    Any preventative maintenance that you can do will benefit you, not only now but down the road! I'm sure others will chime in, but in the mean time, use the search button, and pretty much all the answers that you are looking for will be found in past posts!
    Limestone

Henryrose likes this.
  3. Ohkei Dohkei

Ohkei Dohkei Active Member

Mine has required little maintenance and the problems I've had were pretty much self inflicted. Welcome to the forum!

4. DAN CANAAN

DAN CANAAN New Member

Welcome aboard!

I hope to find like minded owners in the PNW, possibly to visit logging roads and similar fun in the Cascades or even a run through Vashon Island.

Henryrose likes this.
  5. Henryrose

Henryrose New Member

I’m game! I’ve done a lot of forest road exploring in my other truck (3rd gen tacoma).

I have some routes over on the Olympic peninsula that might be fun and don’t require much freeway driving.