1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello everyone

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Nemini, Dec 12, 2021.

1. Nemini

Nemini New Member

I have been lurking around this forum for quite some time now and figured it is time for an introduction! I am not even close to being a mechanic, just a stubborn fella who hates paying people to do stuff when I can fumble through it and learn a thing or two…

I recently sold my big pickup and purchased a 2000 suzuki carry db52t mostly to use around the yard but also for some trail running and the odd trip to the hardware store in town.

I have purchased front and rear bumpers from mini4x4.ca, they appear to be of good quality, extremely well packaged and prompt delivery which isint always expected with the holidays approaching. The powder coat was chipped in a couple spots but nothing major.

Front bumper comes in two pieces and appears to have all hardware necessary included. Seems to mount in the two two hooks below rad and then holes must be drilled through frame to fasten the rest of the bracket.

Rear bumper has three pieces, two brackets that slide into frame holes and then holes must be drilled through frame to secure it in place and then rear bumper bolts to that. This did not include any hardware☹️.

I ordered the two inch lift kit from mini4x4.ca as well. Quality seems good however I have no idea how the camber adjustment works…

None of these items came with instructions unfortunately so I sent an email to the company in hopes they could help me out. Bad news is I ordered this just before closed for holidays from dec 11-jan 12 and it says they will not be responding to emails. I will try calling tomorrow but I’m doubtful I will get a response until they reopen….

Needless to say I don’t feel like waiting a month to complete my install so…. I guess I will source my own bolts for the rear bumper and I’m hoping someone may have some insight as to how the camber adjustment works. Any info helps

I decided to go with the traxion mini truck dot approved tires 23x8x12 from revco.ca, shipping was very quick and I am hoping they will fit on the stock rims, I have my doubts as they seem a little too wide but I will found out tomorrow when the shop gives it a shot.

I have a fm radio with Bluetooth from Amazon coming in soon and wiper shakers that I will be installing(www.wipershakers.com) .

I’m going to be looking for a winch to mount in the receiver if need be, a roof rack, auxiliary lighting and possibly a plow if I can find something at a fair price that exerts down pressure. I also would like to install a tachometer, maybe even one a glow shift? Any suggestions would be great.

My truck has 36000 kms, seems very low for the year, most of the others I looked at have way more, does the odometer roll over to 0 after hitting 99 999 or is it easy to roll it back manually?

I will without a doubt have many more questions and I look forward to learning and sharing my experiences with everyone here.

btw, I found a Japanese can of glass cleaner inside the dash when I received my truck! When I can across that and the flare mounted below the dash I was pretty excited!

Attached Files:

2. AttackCRX

AttackCRX Member

First off, welcome to the world of mini-trucks! I'm constantly finding different uses for mine and she's a stout little beast. As far as the mileage goes, that seems about right as these things don't seem to be the 'daily driver' sort in their previous life. My Acty Attack had 38,XXX miles on it when it showed up to my door and that's with a 6-digit odometer.

3. Nemini

Nemini New Member

I look forward to finding lots of uses for mine! Such versatile machines that can be used for a huge variety tasks.

update on the tires: they did in fact fit on the stock rims however it took the shop 3 guys to install them apparently as they were super tight!

update on missing rear bumper hardware: company has contacted me and will be sending me the missing hardware.

4. SirSelrahc

SirSelrahc Member

Welcome! The odo will indeed roll over. I like the bumper setup. I may end up picking a minitruck up and building it out for offroad. I like my van so far. Honestly though... I think a Cappuccino is next for me.

5. allochris

allochris New Member

Hi! i am in search of dot utv tires for my 05’ da63t. i finally came across this Traxion mini truck model but it is out of stock from Revco.ca. Can you show some pictures with it mounted? on what rim size/backspacing/wheel spacers are you using? can you use 5th on hwy speed (90km/hr+)? rubbing?