1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello everyone thank you in advance.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Mini mack, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Mini mack

Mini mack New Member

Screenshot_20171030-222051.png I am looking for a source to get parts for my 1982 San fu, Subaru Edition. Does anyone have any info on this particular vehicle?

2. matt167

matt167 Active Member

It's a lefty, so it's not a Japan domestic or it's modified. Which engine is in it? Looks interesting

3. Mini mack

Mini mack New Member

Matt, the motor is a 2 cylinder San fu,4 stroke-4 speed manual / w reverse. I noticed the windscreen and seat belts are Subaru. The front grill is San fu. It is not a conversation or 4 wheel drive:( it appears factory red. Do you have a mini truck where are you from?

4. matt167

matt167 Active Member

I live in NY and daily a 1992 Suzuki Carry... Your truck is basically a Subaru Sambar that was made for export and SanFu branded them. The engine is also a Subaru engine. . If you look it up on megazip or such, just look it up as a '77-'82 Sambar truck. Careful with it though as many parts just can't be had

Mini mack likes this.
  5. Mini mack

Mini mack New Member

Thank you for the information. I didn't know very much more than what I read on this thread seems I'm pretty lucky because this seems to be a strong little machine I'm going to take care of it. I would like to see a version with the four-wheel drive in my driveway oh well just hopeful thinking.

6. Mini mack

Mini mack New Member

Hey Matt any chance that you might know where the VIN tag would be on this Subaru

7. matt167

matt167 Active Member

On the Suzuki's, it's behind the drivers seat on the side, and the vin is stamped into the fenderwell on the drivers side

8. Mini mack

Mini mack New Member

I don't know all this one has is a Nebraska DMV title number so I don't know I have nowhere to start looking to find out what I do have. I guess it's going to be a MacGyver from here on out.

9. Dezrik

Dezrik New Member

The Vin Number is on the Passenger side frame in front of the Rear tire. These were sold for Offroad use and it says Offroad only before the vin number, Don't let the DMV See it or you get a Offroad Title :(