1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello,Done with the Sambar.Got a new project now.1991 Carry.

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by jason mcbeth, Mar 9, 2020.

1. jason mcbeth

jason mcbeth Member

Found as Suzuki carry for cheap and boy is it in rough shape.There is a rod poking out of the oil pan =(.This setup is way different to the Sambar I finished last fall.Any chances one of you folks could point me to a service manual for this truck and advice on building these engines?The rebuild kits i've seen online show sleeves,Do these have to be machined out or?

Type: M-D51T-224267
    Engine: F6A 657 cc

Color: 26U C61
    KKUG-SC7

^^^^^Numbers on the tag.Not sure what they all mean.^^^^^

Thanks in advance.

Memphis Randy likes this.
  2. Memphis Randy

Memphis Randy New Member

Jason,
    I hope that someone gives you some answers. I picked up a 91 carry myself this past spring and just started the project today. It seems that we have the same trucks, as all my numbers are very close to yours. My engine is in dire need of a rebuild as well.

Type V-DD51T
    Chassis No. DD51T-374186
    Engine F6A 657 CC
    Color 26U C61
    KKUG-SBA3

Thanks for any help!

3. Limestone

Limestone Well-Known Member

Guys, I'm hoping that someone with a carry, and experience, and info, that you guys are needing, will step up and help! As you go through this, please keep us informed on what you learn, and how, so we can help to inform others, and learn also! This could be the start of another good story! If you guys weren't into it like the rest of us you wouldn't be doing it! Good Luck!
    Limestone

4. installater

installater Active Member

Not sure if this will help but its something on FB Japanese Mini Trucks of America /click the
    files section & you will see manuals & such, I have a older model and not a mechanic so you sure
    don't want my advice Hope its some help
    Regards
    Brian